Albertsons LLC Appoints Division Leaders, Will Form Office In Portland
Albertsons LLC has selected the division presidents to lead the stores that it will acquire from Supervalu upon transaction close in mid-March. The Boise, Idaho-based company also will form a new Northwest division office, to be based in Portland, Ore., that will manage operations for stores in Northern Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
A combination of internal talent and external expertise with deep roots in retail, the new leadership will assume responsibility of their respective operating areas following the close of the transaction, which is slated for the third week in March 2013, according to a company news release.
Bob Butler, currently EVP of operations for Albertsons LLC, will become COO with responsibility for all Albertsons banner stores. The Albertsons Divisions will be operated by Albertsons LLC.
Justin Dye, currently chief strategy officer, will be named COO, with responsibilities for the Acme, Jewel and Shaw’s/Star Market banners, and the total company pharmacy operation, which will be operated by New Albertsons Inc. (NAI). Albertsons LLC and NAI will both be operated by AB Acquisition Inc., which will be led by CEO Bob Miller.
Rick Navarro, CFO; Paul Rowan, general counsel; Andrew Scoggin, EVP of human resources and public affairs; and Mark Bates, chief information officer will oversee their respective functions at both Albertsons LLC and NAI.
All of the new division presidents (see below) worked for Albertsons LLC previously or are currently employed by the company.
• Acme Markets: Jim Perkins, formerly VP of operations for Albertsons Inc. and director of operations for Albertsons LLC’s Southern Division. Perkins began his career at Albertsons in 1982. He is returning to the company after having held the role of regional VP with Giant Food.
• Albertsons Divisions:
- Northwest Division: Dennis Bassler, currently a district manager in the Albertsons LLC Southern Division and formerly the SVP of marketing and merchandising for Albertsons Inc. Bassler began his career at Albertsons in 1981.
- Intermountain Division: Susan Morris, currently VP of marketing and merchandising for the Albertsons LLC Southwest Division. Morris began her career with Albertsons in Denver in 1985.
- Southern California Division: Wayne Denningham, currently the Albertsons LLC Southern Division president. Denningham began his career at Albertsons in 1977.
- Southern Division: Mike Withers, currently VP of marketing and merchandising for the Albertsons LLC Southern Division. Withers began his career at Albertsons in 1976.
- Southwest Division: Shane Dorcheus, currently Albertsons LLC president of the Albertsons LLC Southwest Division. Dorcheus started with Albertsons in 1980 and will continue in his role as Southwest Division president.
• Jewel Osco: William Emmons, formerly Southern Division president of Albertsons LLC. Emmons is returning to the company following his retirement in October 2010. He began his career at Albertsons in 1971.
• Shaws & Star Markets: Shane Sampson, formerly VP of marketing and merchandising for the Albertsons LLC Southern Division. Sampson started with Albertsons in 1983 and was a division president in the Intermountain and Florida divisions of Albertson’s Inc. He is returning to the company after having held the role of SVP of operations at Giant Food.
The new leaders are looking forward to moving to their respective divisions and working with the associates there to drive local growth and improve store operations, the release says.
Established in 2006, Albertsons LLC is privately owned by Cerberus Capital Management, Kimco Realty Corp., Klaff Realty, Lubert-Adler Partners and Schottenstein Stores Corp. The company operates 190 Albertsons Market-branded stores and two Super Saver Foods stores in eight states and employs approximately 20,000 associates.