When the Cargill Beef/Roush Fenway Racing No. 6 Ford Mustang takes the track this weekend for the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Daytona International Speedway, driver Trevor Bayne will be competing for the racing team’s third consecutive series championship. In 2010, Bayne became the youngest driver to win the Daytona 500 Sprint Cup Series race at age 20. He replaces 2011, 2012 Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr., who moved to the Sprint Cup Series with Roush Fenway for the 2013 season.
With a new black and gold Cargill paint scheme on the No. 6 Ford Mustang carrying the “Our Certified Ground Beef” theme, Bayne will be driving both the car and a season-long, nationwide “Tailgating with Trevor” consumer sweepstakes. The end-of-season grand prize drawing winner will receive an all-expense-paid trip to the Concord, N.C., Roush Fenway Racing headquarters for a personalized tour and a VIP tailgating experience.
“We’re revving up promotional activities for our ground beef products with a program that inspirers grocery retailer participation and will excite consumers during the NASCAR racing season that overlaps the peak burger grilling months,” said Tammy Shaw, VP of Cargill Beef marketing and sales. “We’ll be using all channels available to us to promote our racing program in 2013, including our new cargillgroundbeef.com internet website, social media such as Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, in-store promotion featuring point of sale materials including on-pack stickers, Facebook advertising, customized videos featuring Trevor Bayne and customized in-store programs—all focused on driving consumers to purchase Cargill ground beef.”
“Ground beef is an American food favorite used for many different recipes, from burgers to tacos, chili to meat balls, spaghetti sauce to nachos, all of which are great foods for NASCAR ‘tailgating’ at home or at the track,” said Shaw. “Our goal is to help consumers enjoy their favorite ground beef dishes while experiencing the 2013 NASCAR season.”
Cargill will be the primary sponsor of the No. 6 Mustang for the following 2013 races:
• Saturday, Feb. 23, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla.;
• Saturday, March 23, Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Calif.;
• Friday, April 12, Texas Motor Speedway, Forth Worth;
• Saturday, May 4, Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, Ala.;
• Friday, May 10, Darlington Raceway, Darlington, S.C.;
• Saturday, June 15, Michigan International Speedway, Brooklyn, Mich.;
• Saturday, July 13, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, N.H.;
• Saturday, Aug. 31, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, Ga.;
• Saturday, Oct. 5, Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, Kan.; and
• Friday, Oct. 11, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, N.C.
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 142,000 people in 65 countries.