Gelson’s opened its newest supermarket Thursday in La Cañada Flintridge, Calif. The store, at 635 Foothill Blvd., marks the Southern California grocer’s 18th location.
• A spacious service deli, featuring Wolfgang Puck Express (freshly made pizzas, sandwiches, salads); chef-prepared gourmet salads; on-site sushi chef; smoker for tri-tip and brisket sandwiches with “melt-in-your mouth” tenderness; a carving cart serving roasted and carved turkey, tri-tip and prime rib; and self-serve salad, hot food, soup and chili bar.
• Coffee bar brewing Peet’s coffee, paired with a French-style bakery serving chocolate, almond and plain croissants; macarons in flavors like sea salt caramel, chocolate, raspberry, coffee, pistachio and more; and an assortment of freshly-baked cookies, cakes and more.
• A produce department highlighting the best local produce—organic and conventional produce hand-selected for flavor and knowledgeable associates offering samples of seasonal favorites.
• Staffed meat and seafood department with top-of-the-catch fish and shellfish; prime and choice selections of beef; organic beef and chicken; all USA-sourced beef, poultry, pork, veal and lamb; live lobsters; and a self-serve seafood salad bar featuring poke.
• Floral arrangements, bunches and gift ideas from Gelson’s trained floral designers.
• A one-stop shopping experience featuring name brand groceries; local and/or specialty offerings from small manufacturers like Rockenwagner Bakery, Jeni’s ice cream, Intelligentsia and Stumptown coffee and hundreds more; a gluten-free set of products; organic items in every category; healthful options for young families, including Honest Co. baby and home products; and an offering of pet food and treats.
• A diverse selection of liquor, wine, craft beer and conventional products, with an eye to local companies; frequent sale collections of wines under $10; a certified wine expert as the liquor manager; and a sommelier for a store director.
Find photos of the new store here.