Chobani this summer will roll out six new products to give consumers ways to enjoy Greek yogurt beyond breakfast. The new products include Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats (authentically strained Greek yogurt mixed with real fruit and whole grain steel-cut oats), Chobani Indulgent, the brand’s first dessert product, and Chobani Kids, among others.
“We’ve always believed that if we can’t do something better, we won’t do it at all. With our new products and innovations, we are extending the way people enjoy Greek yogurt in America and bringing better food to more people,” said Hamdi Ulukaya, founder and CEO of Chobani, based in New Berlin, N.Y. “We’re just getting started.”
USDA estimates that per-capita consumption of yogurt has leapt from roughly 2 lbs. in 1975 to about 14 lbs. today. That growth, however, remains well below the approximately 40 lbs. consumed in countries like Germany and France or even the 20 lbs. in Canada.
Peter McGuinness, chief marketing and brand officer, said, “The yogurt story in America is just beginning and as the category leader we are creating new ways to enjoy Chobani’s delicious, nutritious, natural products throughout the day. Our new flavors and formats bring new experiences with Greek yogurt and deliver on our founding premise of people have taste, they just need more good options.”
The six new products will join the Chobani family beginning in June:
• The brand’s take on oatmeal, Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats includes authentically strained Greek yogurt mixed with real ripe fruit and whole grain steel-cut oats. In traditional flavors such as Banana Maple, Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry and Cranberry, the brand says its first breakfast product is a “cup of protein-, grain- and fiber-packed nourishment.”
• Chobani Indulgent mixes full-fat Greek yogurt with all-natural ingredients in clear packaging; real cream, dark chocolate and ripe fruits meet in Dulce de Leche, Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chunk, Mint Dark Chocolate Chunk and Banana Dark Chocolate Chunk flavors.
• Made with only natural ingredients, no artificial growth hormones (RBST free), low-fat plain Greek yogurt and real fruit, Chobani Kids is a snack with high protein and low sugar in a slender pouch for squeezing. New flavors include grape, watermelon and vanilla chocolate dust.
• Chobani Seasonal will be limited-time flavors that match the season. It kicks off this summer with Watermelon and Pink Grapefruit.
• Building on the success of its recently launched natural 100-calorie yogurt, new blended flavors of Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt in Key Lime and Pineapple Coconut will continue to deliver low-calorie options for weight managers looking for light yogurt made with only natural ingredients; it’s the first ever and only 100-calorie Greek yogurt using only natural ingredients, Chobani says.
• Finally, 4% whole milk Chobani Kitchen is a full-fat dairy product in a multi-serve format for recipes or a single-serve occasion; ideal for baking or on top of a baked potato, chile and fajitas.