FMI 2014 Store Manager Award Finalists Revealed
The Food Marketing Institute’s 15th annual Store Manager Award finalists have been revealed.
Four grand prize winners will be selected from among the 10 finalists on Wednesday, June 11, during FMI Connect, the new annual FMI Show, in Chicago.
The Store Manager Award finalists are recognized for their work to achieve positive sales growth and customer satisfaction in their stores during the past year. Nominations were judged on the following criteria: leading, mentoring and motivating associates; communicating company goals and store milestones to associates; executing innovative in-store programs and/or special events that improve overall customer service and community relations; and improving the financial performance of the store.
One grand prize winner will be chosen from each of the four categories:
Category A (1-49 stores)
• Larry Hack, Martin’s Super Markets No. 16 in Granger, Ind.
• Jeffery Iwamuro, Potash Markets on Clark Street in Chicago
• David Tutorow, Martin’s Super Markets No. 17 in Elkhart, Ind.
Category B (50-199 stores)
• Kate Allred, Lowes Foods No. 161 in Clemmons, N.C.
• Chris Turner, Brookshire Grocery Co. in Ruston, La.
• John Wild, Family Fresh Market-SpartanNash in River Falls, Wis.
Category C (more than 200 stores)
• Randy Kruse, Ames No. 2 Hy-Vee Inc. in Ames, Iowa
• Dough Malenoski, King Soopers, a division of The Kroger Co., in Littleton, Colo.
• Ray Waldrop, Bi-Lo in Rock Hill, S.C.
Category D (international retailers—companies operating outside North America)
• George Katsifolis, Alfa Beta Kalamata 3, a company of Delhaize Group in Kalamata, Greece.
Each finalist will receive two complimentary registrations for FMI Connect and three nights of hotel accommodations in Chicago. The four grand prize winners will each receive a $1,000 prize and a crystal award.