United Fresh New Product Award Winners Showcase Innovation, Creativity
Attendees of the United Fresh Produce Association’s annual convention and expo in Chicago this week cast their votes throughout the show for fresh produce innovation and recognized this year’s New Product Awards in five categories. More than 40 fresh fruit and vegetable innovations competed in the categories of Best New Food Safety Solution, Best New Fruit Product, Best New Packaging, Best New Packing/Processing Equipment and Best New Vegetable Product.
The 2014 New Product Award winners are:
• Best New Food Safety Solution: FoodLink Fresh, FoodLink;
• Best New Fruit Product: Crunch Pak with Marvel Apple Snacker, Crunch Pak;
• Best New Packaging Product: Josie’s Organics Romaine Hearts, Braga Fresh Family Farms;
• Best New Packing/Processing Equipment: Strawberry Capper Mod. Frazer, Turatti S.R.L.; and
• Best New Vegetable Product: Y.E.L.O., Mastronardi Produce/Sunset.
“These winning products have been selected by United attendees as outstanding representations of the new approaches, ideas and processes that are driving the fresh fruit and vegetable industry forward, and we applaud them for their product development,” said John Toner, United Fresh’s VP of convention and industry relations. “From its very beginnings, the United show has been the undisputed home of innovation for the produce industry, and these awards continue to showcase the best and brightest minds in the produce business.”
The finalists in each category were on display at the United Fresh membership booth on the trade show floor.