Evolution Fresh has added three new cold-pressed, HPP processed green juices for grocery consumers and is testing a handcrafted Evolution Fresh Cold-Pressed Juice Smoothie inspired by Dannon in select Starbucks retail locations.
“Our goal is to provide delicious choices for customers looking for high-quality beverages and food at Starbucks or their local grocery store. These new juices and smoothies taste amazing, are nutritious and are a testament to our cold-pressed difference,” said Chris Bruzzo, GM of Evolution Fresh. “We hope our customers are as excited as we are about our new Evolution Fresh cold-pressed green juices and handcrafted smoothies created in partnership with Dannon, which also includes a new green juice-based option.”
Building on its reputation as a leader in green juice, Evolution Fresh is more than doubling its green juice portfolio. With the introduction of three new cold-pressed green juices the company’s green juice product portfolio grows from two to five varieties and offers a spectrum of flavor options for consumers who drink green juice every day or those who are interested in starting. Earlier this month, the full line of Evolution Fresh cold-pressed green juices began being distributed to grocery retailers across the U.S. and include:
• New Coconut Water and Greens: a refreshing and hydrating juice blending coconut water with cool cucumber, leafy greens and a splash of sweet pineapple—a tasty introduction to green juice.
• New Smooth Greens: a green vegetable and fruit juice blending cool cucumber and leafy greens with pineapple, apple and mint for a soft and smooth finish—ideal as an everyday green juice and offers variety for green juice drinkers.
• New Organic Sweet Greens and Ginger: a refreshing green juice blending a medley of green vegetables and crisp apple, finished with a squeeze of lemon and a spicy ginger kick—a 100 percent organic offering and a twist on a consumer favorite.
• Sweet Greens and Lemon: a refreshing green juice featuring a medley of green vegetables, a squeeze of lemon and a touch of sweetness from apple—ideal as an everyday green juice, or for those early in their green juice journey.
• Essential Greens with Lime: a nutritious green juice with notes of spinach, romaine lettuce and kale, accented by cucumber, celery and a hint of lime for a refreshing finish—the brand’s greenest green juice, ideal for the green juice lover.
The suggested retail price ranges from $5.49-$6.99 for a 15.2-fl. oz. bottle.
Evolution Fresh pilots a handcrafted smoothie with Dannon in select Starbucks retail locations
In an effort to develop innovative, high-quality juices and snacks, Evolution Fresh is working with yogurt industry leader, Dannon, to test a handcrafted smoothie, made with Evolution Fresh cold-pressed juice and Dannon’s Greek yogurt. The test includes a new green juice-based smoothie and will happen in nearly 200 Starbucks retail locations in San Jose, Calif., and St. Louis, Mo. Customers will have the chance to try the new Evolution Fresh Cold-Pressed Juice Smoothies inspired by Dannon; the test will continue through September and a full line of Evolution Fresh Inspired by Dannon products are expected to launch in all Starbucks markets next year.
The test of Evolution Fresh Cold-Pressed Juice Smoothies made with Dannon Greek yogurt will feature three varieties with the ability to further customize by adding fresh kale or extra Greek yogurt for added protein:
• Sweet Greens: a vibrant fruit and vegetable-based Cold-Pressed Juice Smoothie with a hint of mango and banana.
• Strawberry: a fruit-forward Cold-Pressed Juice Smoothie with a hint of apple and banana.
• Mango Carrot: a fruit and vegetable-based Cold-Pressed Juice Smoothie with a hint of pineapple.
Since the announcement of Starbucks and Dannon’s strategic agreement in July 2013, Starbucks has transformed its existing yogurt parfaits by upgrading to Dannon’s nonfat Greek yogurt in Starbucks company-operated stores in the U.S.