Blackhawk Network, a pioneer in gift cards, payment tools and rewards delivered via an expansive network, is partnering with Albertsons Cos. so that the grocery chain’s shoppers have a new, flexible and personal gifting option for spring and summer holidays. Category cards are gift cards that can be used where the Visa network is accepted for purchases on specific categories, and loaded in denominations between $20 and $200.
Category cards come in a variety of options, including:
• Dining Everywhere: This card gives users the freedom to indulge in range of culinary delights.
• Explore Everywhere: Consumers can use this card for adventures, including amusement parks, ballet tickets, the race tracks and more. Redeem for entrance fees, snacks and tours, in-store or online.
• Fuel Everywhere: Users can fuel up with this card or purchase snacks and services.
• Home Everywhere: Consumers can shop for home décor, furnishings, paint and more at home improvement, interior decorating or furniture shops, in-store or online, with this card.
• Movies Everywhere: Users can pay for tickets, concessions and movie rentals with this card. Good at national and local theaters, DVD rental kiosks and online rentals.
• Style Everywhere: This card can be used at a boutique, shoe store and department stores, as well as online.
“Category cards offer the flexibility of a Visa gift card, with the personal touch of a retail gift card,” said David Tate, SVP of U.S. retail for Blackhawk Network. “It’s a great option for shoppers looking for a convenient, practical gift with a personal touch.”
With more consumers looking to buy local, in addition to being custom to one category, category gift cards also are available for some geographic locations. For example, Safeway stores in Northern California offer a Dining Everywhere “Nor Cal” card.
“Our shoppers consistently look to our well-stocked Gift Card Malls for convenient gift options, especially when they are looking to save time and make the most of their occasions,” said Shane Sampson, chief merchandising and marketing officer for Albertsons Cos. “Beyond convenience, our stores are known for providing shoppers with value and variety. With the number of great options available, including merchant-specific and category gift cards, our Gift Card Malls are no exception.”
Category gift cards are available now for spring and summer gift giving and can be found at Albertsons Cos. stores nationwide, including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United, Carrs, Albertsons Market, Acme, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Star Market, Market Street, Haggen, Eagle, Amigos, Pak ‘n Save and Super Saver. Selection may vary by store.