H-E-B’s newest store opened to shoppers Nov. 15 in Huntsville, Texas. The day before, the grocer and H-E-B Chairman and CEO Charles Butt donated $100,000 to local nonprofits and invited the community to a concert at 6:30 p.m. that evening featuring Texas country singer-songwriter Kevin Fowler.
The 82,000-s.f. store, located at 1702 11th Street, is led by 13-year H-E-B veteran Vicki Sides.
“Huntsville and the surrounding communities deserve quality products at affordable prices, and this store will do just that with great offerings and a wide range of departments,” said Sides. “We value this community and look forward to not only providing fantastic store offerings but also creating jobs for our neighbors. I am excited to call Huntsville my forever home and look forward to serving the community.”
Dine in or take out
The new H-E-B features chef-approved Meal Simple products that include a variety of meals, entrees and mix-n-match sides for easy preparation. Other ready-to-eat offerings include freshly-made guacamole, fresh-cut fruits and vegetables and fresh-squeezed juices.
The Huntsville also has an H-E-B True Texas BBQ. Shoppers order barbecue by the plate or pound along with sides like brisket beans, creamed corn, potato salad and coleslaw. The all-natural 100 percent Angus USDA beef is smoked daily with Texas oak wood on location for at least 14 hours.
H-E-B curbside pickup is a new option designed to save customers time while offering all the products that are available in-store. H-E-B’s personal shoppers hand-pick all grocery selections and deliver the order curbside at a scheduled pick up time.
Other amenities include:
- An assortment of Texas-made products, from jams and sauces to chips and spreads, as well as Texas-grown tomatoes, greens and citrus
- Freshly squeezed juices, freshly made guacamole, fresh cut fruit and sushi.
- More than 1,500 H-E-B Organics products throughout the store, from the produce aisles and fresh meat market to the freezer section and grocery shelves.
- An expansive selection of gluten-free products.
- A full-service seafood department with fresh fish and seafood flown in daily, and fresh sushi handmade in-store every day.
- A Healthy Living department with bulk foods such as nuts, grains, dried fruits, snack mixes, vitamins and natural and organic beauty products.
- A Fresh Meat Market featuring natural and prime cuts of meat in addition to an assortment of fully cooked selections.
- A full-service scratch bakery and tortillería, a wide selection of organic and artisan breads baked daily and a variety of desserts, pastries and custom cakes.
- More than 350 specialty domestic and imported cheeses.
- A floral department with an on-site floral designer.
- A Cooking Connection Chef offering help with quick meals.
- A knowledgeable staff of 340 H-E-B Partners (employees)
See more photos here.