Career Opportunities with Shelby Publishing
Have a passion for the latest news in the food and grocery industry? Interested in joining an expert team of professionals? Explore the current career opportunities at The Shelby Report below.
Shelby Publishing Co. is seeking a full-time staff writer.
- Strong editing, proofreading, interviewing and story construction skills.
- Web posting/social media engagement experience vital as well.
- Prefer college graduates with journalism, English or related degree; fast-paced environment with constant deadlines.
Email cover letter, résumé and two previously published articles in a professional publication (with byline) to email@example.com. Or mail to Staff Writer, 517 Green St., Gainesville, GA 30501. No phone calls, please.
Shelby Publishing Co. is seeking a full-time graphic designer.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing and similar equipment.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting layout for approval.
- Completes projects by coordinating with sales representatives, outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Basic HTML and web coding experience.
- Develop material for web pages and e-newsletters.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXpress, MS Office.
- Must be comfortable using both Mac and PC.
- Prefer college graduates with graphic design or related degree.
Email cover letter, résumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail to Production, 517 Green St., Gainesville, GA 30501. No phone calls, please.