Girlfriends Wine is debuting in the wine section of Kroger supermarkets across the Southeast. Girlfriends Wine—featuring “Good Girl,” “Wild Girl,” “Classy Girl,” “Romantic Girl” and “Party Girl”—offers variety, personality and fun for every occasion, according to a news release.
Kroger stores in Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina will sell the five flavors of Girlfriends Wine, specifically blended with female preferences in mind. Created by award-winning South African winemaker Val du Charron, the specially crafted Girlfriends products range from smooth to deep and everything in between, the release says.
The five-varietal Girlfriends Wine collection includes the original “Good Girl” and “Wild Girl” blends, which were introduced in the Midwest last fall as part of the brand’s U.S. debut. This month, three new products have been added to the line-up: “Classy Girl,” “Party Girl” and “Romantic Girl.”
“The five ‘Girls’ of Girlfriends Wine are made with independent, fun-loving women in mind,” said Val du Charron Co-owner Craig Entwistle, who directs the winemaker’s marketing efforts in the U.S. from his base on St. Simons Island, Ga. “Our market research led us to this development of easy-drinking wines. They exude fun character and deliver delicious tastes popular with female consumers.”
A closer look at “the Girls” of Girlfriends Wine:
• Good Girl: The easy-drinking Sweet White Blend is a semisweet, non-vintage blend of Chenin Blanc and Muscat d’Alexandre whose fruity, floral taste includes hints of honeycomb and citrus.
• Wild Girl: The adventurous Sweet Red flavor is a racy blend of dark fruits and zing—a semisweet, non-vintage blend of Ruby Cabernet and Shiraz.
• Party Girl: A pink, refreshing, semisweet Rose laced with flavors of strawberries and cream is designed to deliver an explosion of fun, laughter and perfume in a glass.
• Romantic Girl: A deep, crimson-red Cabernet Sauvignon that is best savored with chocolate, roses and candlelight.
• Classy Girl: A sophisticated, stylish Chardonnay with hints of vanilla that transitions seamlessly from daytime to nighttime for pleasure-seeking consumers.