The Alabama Grocers Education Foundation held its 20th annual fall golf outing Oct. 22 at Pine Tree Country Club in Birmingham, Ala. The tournament included two flights and raised more than $30,000 for the Alabama Grocers Education Foundation, which funds scholarships to employees and children of employees of Alabama Grocers Association member companies. To date AGEF has awarded more than $850,000 because of the support of its members at golf tournaments.
The winners of the October tourney were:
• Morning first place team: Don Richardson, Kevin Horton and Rickey Daniel, Birmingham Coca-Cola United; Steve Dyer, Costco.
• Morning second place team: David Toner, Organ Perfusion Consultants; Brian Castillo, Publix Super Markets; Walt Graham, Graham Food Brokerage.
• Morning third place team: Daren Burns, Kevin Gillespie, Mike Garner and Craig Dellinger, Acosta Sales & Marketing.
• Afternoon first place team: Phillip Davis, Bill Davis, Dusty Ellison and Tom Porter, A&R Supermarkets.
• Afternoon second place team: Keith Lusk, Chris Crosby, Duke Heflin and Bradley Lyman, Golden Flake Snack Foods.
• Afternoon third place team: Tom Heath and Tyler Heath, Mountain Pure Water; Richard Stuckey, Professional Advantage; Scott O’Brien, Piggly Wiggly Alabama Distributing Co.
In the featured photo at top: Don Richardson, left, Kevin Horton and Rickey Daniel of Birmingham Coca-Cola United; and Steve Dyer of Costco. (Find more event photos here.)