Topco Associates recently held its annual membership conference in Orlando and, during the two-day event, presented several of its members with awards for their commitment to Topco.
Award winners include:
• Affiliated Foods Midwest: Greatest Dollar Growth in Center Store Programs
Affiliated Foods Midwest showed great success through persistence and penetration with its Center Store Program partnership in 2014.
• Fred W. Albrecht Grocery Co.: Greatest Percentage Growth in Center Store Programs
By focusing on partnering with Topco to develop its salad dressing and cake mix products, Fred W. Albrecht Grocery Co. had the Greatest Percentage Growth in Center Store Programs among Topco members.
• Stater Bros. Markets: Greatest Dollar Growth in Fresh Programs
Stater Bros.’ partnership with Topco’s Fresh Meat Program and involvement in new produce categories helped it achieve the Greatest Dollar Growth in Fresh Programs in 2014.
• Associated Grocers Baton Rouge: Greatest Percentage Growth in Fresh Programs
For more than 15 years, Associated Grocers has made a strong commitment to the Fresh Programs at Topco. This year it earned the Greatest Percentage Growth in this category with its commitment to produce, meat, deli, bakery and prepared and cooked foods.
• Bi-Lo Holdings: Total Dollar Growth in Value Added Programs
By partnering with Topco’s Pharmacy Program in 2014, Bi-Lo Holdings grew and became Topco’s 2014 Value-Added Dollar Growth Award winner.
• Weis Markets: Total Percentage Growth in Value Added Programs
In 2014, Weis Markets had the highest Total Percentage Growth in Value Added programs with its commitment to Topco’s Pharmacy Program.
• Giant Eagle: Overall Dollar Growth in all Programs
This achievement is awarded to Giant Eagle for its increase of purchases through Topco by more than $200 million in 2014.
• SpartanNash Co.: Overall Percentage Growth in all Programs
SpartanNash Co. demonstrated the greatest percentage growth across all of Topco’s programs by growing 30 percent in 2014.
• K-VA-T Food Stores: Highest Topco Penetration Percentage
For the 11th year in a row, Topco presented K-VA-T Food Stores with the Highest Topco Penetration Percentage Award. K-VA-T Food Stores surpassed all members across all programs with a penetration rate of 48.8 percent. Additionally, K-VA-T is nearly 30 points higher than the Topco average penetration.
• Hy-Vee: Highest Topco Purchase Volume
Hy-Vee led all members in 2014 in overall purchases for the 10th consecutive year and also increased purchases by 20 percent vs. the previous year.
Additionally, Golub Corp./Price Chopper Supermarkets was awarded for Supply Chain Excellence.
Several members also were honored for their milestone anniversaries with Topco, including Meijer, 60 years; Associated Grocers of Florida, 40 years; Pueblo Inc., 35 years; K-VA-T Food Stores, 20 years; Hy-Vee, 15 years; Bi-Lo Holdings, 10 years; C&S Wholesale Grocers, 10 years; and Brookshire Holdings, 10 years.
“We congratulate these members for their commitment and dedication to Topco,” said Jim Goers, Topco’s SVP of member development and national brands. “These organizations have shown great leadership by showcasing store brands in a variety of innovative ways to their shoppers.”
Topco elects 2015 board
At its annual meeting, Topco also elected is 2015 board of directors.
• Board chair: Randall B. Edeker, chairman, CEO and president of Hy-Vee
• J.H. Campbell Jr., president and CEO of Associated Grocers Baton Rouge
• Christopher M. Coborn, president and CEO of Coborn’s
• Charlie D’Amour, president and COO of Big Y Foods
• Jerel T. Golub, president and CEO of Golub Corp.
• John R. Lucot, president and COO of Giant Eagle
• Rick D. Rayford, president and CEO of Brookshire Holdings
• Randall J. Skoda, president and CEO of Topco Associates
• Steven C. Smith, president and CEO of K-VA-T Food Stores
• J.K. Symancyk, president of Meijer
Illinois-based Topco Associates is a $14 billion, privately held company that provides aggregation, innovation and knowledge management solutions for leading food industry member-owners and customers. Topco leverages the collective volume, knowledge and commitment of these companies to create a competitive advantage in the marketplace by reducing costs and offering winning business-building capabilities.