The revamped store features festive décor and expanded product and service offerings, including:
• A seating area at the restaurant-style deli, which offers dishes and prepared meals for the Lenten season, including specialties such as shrimp ceviche, capirotada, chile rellenos and more;
• A new aguas frescas station, which serves fruit drinks, at the deli;
• An expanded produce department;
• A refreshed bakery department that showcases Mexican pastries and signature cake flavors, such as piña colada, strawberry cream, cappuccino, chocolate delight, cookies and cream and dulce de leche;
• A Tortilleria featuring homemade flour and corn tortillas and tortilla chips, which are made fresh every day;
• A Carnicería with different cuts of meat, free marinades, a variety of queso fresco and an expanded seafood case;
• An expanded frozen food aisle, offering more variety from vegetables and meats to dairy and desserts; and
• A check cashing service.
During Wednesday’s grand opening celebration, customers will get a first-hand look at the expanded store and its new offerings, and they’ll have a chance to shop for groceries, enjoy food samples and take in live performances from Ballet Folklórico Tapatío and Mariachi Azteca del Sol, who will be performing from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-6 p.m.
The first 300 shoppers who purchase groceries at the store on Wednesday will receive a free reusable bag loaded with groceries and goodies. Guests also will have the opportunity to win fun prizes, including grocery gift cards and gift baskets filled with products from El Mexicano.
See photos of the remodeled store here.