Last updated on June 6th, 2016 at 04:13 pm
Kellogg Co. brands like Raisin Bran, Pop-Tarts, Special K and Cheez-It are launching new items this spring.
Battle Creek, Michigan-based Kellogg says that “the new products reflect people’s desire for wholesome foods with recognizable ingredients, the need for convenient options and the continued wish for food that is fun and delicious.”
The Kellogg’s Raisin Bran line is being expanded with two varieties of granola, Raisin & Honey and Cranberry Almond.
“Kellogg’s Raisin Bran granolas provide a variety of flavors and textures that will appeal to both Raisin Bran lovers and traditional granola fans,” said Cathy Schneck, VP of innovation for Kellogg U.S. Morning Foods. “We’ve stuck to our tradition of ‘two scoops of raisins’ and also included a carefully selected mix of other ingredients to provide a unique and delicious breakfast.”
New Special K Crustless Quiches, in single-serving size, provide 10-11g of protein and are ready from the microwave in two minutes. Three varieties are available: Uncured Ham, Cheese, Quinoa & Peppers; Sausage, Quinoa, Peppers, Mozzarella & Asiago; and Portabella, Quinoa, Parmesan, Asiago & Kale.
“Special K fans are seeking positive nutrition that fortifies them for the day ahead,” said Trinh Le, marketing director for Kellogg Frozen Foods. “Our new Crustless Quiches offer them an exciting twist on a classic breakfast, made with nourishing and satisfying ingredients such as eggs, chopped vegetables, quinoa and cheese.”
Also new in the Special K line are Protein Trail Mix bars in two flavors, Chocolate Peanut Pecan, and Fruit & Nut. Each bar has 8g of protein. There are also two new on-trend flavors of Special K Chewy Snack Bars: Dark Chocolate Pomegranate and Coconut Caramel. They are made without artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
• Pop-Tarts Crush Orange and Pop-Tarts A&W Root Beer flavor toaster pastries.
“We know that people love mash-ups of the things they love, and we are building on that with these new flavors,” said Angela Gusse, marketing director for Pop-Tarts. “It’s all about fun and enjoyment…”
• Cheez-It Sandwich Crackers in three flavors: Original Cheddar, Italian Four Cheese and Spicy Queso. Kellogg says they are the only sandwich cracker made with real cheese inside and out.
“The line between a snack and a meal is blurring as many people adopt a grazing style of eating, mixing snacks and mini-meals throughout the day,” said Yuvraj Arora, VP of innovations for Kellogg’s U.S. Snacks. “We also know that many people are also seeking bigger, bolder flavors.”
• Eggo Oats & Berries waffles, made with real berries and steel cut oats, and have no artificial flavors or colors. Two flavors: Blueberry and Mixed Berry.
• Special K Multigrain Crackers with Quinoa, multigrain crackers made with “purposeful ingredients” to nourish bodies without sacrificing taste. Two varieties: Sea Salt Original and Parmesan Sesame. They are made with 14g whole grain per serving including whole wheat, quinoa, brown rice, millet and whole oat flour.
• MorningStar Farms Veggie Breakfast Sausage & Grain Patties, a new vegetarian breakfast option that blends organic quinoa, steel cut oats and veggie sausage with herbs and spices. It is Non-GMO Project Verified, 100-percent vegan, and each serving provides 6g of protein.
• Rice Krispies cereal with Red and Blue Krispies, a way to add American pride to summer holiday celebrations.
• Town House Flatbread Crisps in two new flavors inspired by culinary ingredients and restaurant flatbread recipes: Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella, and Spinach, Artichoke & Feta.
• Keebler Fudge Stripes Birthday Cake cookies, offering the taste of birthday cake with sweet white icing and multi-colored sprinkles. They will only be on cookie aisles June-December 2016.