Last updated on August 31st, 2022 at 03:38 pm
Global Market Development Center (GMDC) has revealed the top 10 products and merchandising displays showcased at its 2017 Health Beauty Wellness Marketing Conference (HBW17). The event, which brought more than 200 retailers, wholesalers, suppliers and service companies together, includes an annual showcase that lets participants select the brands they believe are the most innovative and will spark the greatest consumer demand.
The HBW17 Showcase brands and products that ranked highest include:
- JFL Enterprises Inc.—Candy Scented Hand Sanitizer
- Global Brands Group—Children’s Bath Products
- Value Max Products—Bela Soaps
- BIC Corp.—Flex 5 Disposable Razor
- Ontel Products—Dream Tents
- Thistle Farms—Love Heals Bath + Body Collection
- Cashco Distributors Inc.—Trial & Travel
- Sundial Brands LLC—Shea Moisture 2017
- Hello Products—Natural Toothpaste
- GOJO Industries Inc.—Purell Healthy Soap
“At a time when new and innovative products can drive traffic and build category sales for retailers, the GMDC Showcase has become a vital tool for our members to connect with what’s next,” said Patrick Spear, president and CEO of GMDC. “The companies in the Showcase Top 10 drive innovation at every turn and boost demand through uniqueness and relevancy in the core categories of health, beauty and wellness.”
In addition to the Showcase Top 10, GMDC Board Chair Steve Davis of Weis Markets Inc. selected three products from the Showcase as his Board Chair’s Choice. The items Davis selected are those he believes will drive retail sales at their company, be among the top consumer choice at retail and have everyday use. They are:
- EverlyWell – Health Testing Kits (a winner from the GMDC HBW16 Retail Tomorrow Demo Day)
- Navajo Inc. – Handy Solutions
- Mad Gabs – Organic Body Care & Lip Balm
Following the conference, GMDC and its Showcase participants donated products featured at the event to the Sojourners Center of Phoenix. The Sojourners Center provides shelter and support services to women, children, men and pets that are affected by domestic violence and human trafficking.
The next GMDC conference, 2018 General Merchandise, will be held June 2018 in Orlando, Florida.