The Food Marketing Institute (FMI) introduced new directors to its board during its annual meeting at the FMI Midwinter Executive Conference in Miami this week. FMI Board Chairman Joe Sheridan, president and COO of Wakefern Food Corp, announced the following appointments:
- John Alston, Brookshire Bros. Inc.
- John Derderian, Allegiance Retail Services LLC
- Nick Graham, Heartland Markets
- Chieh Huang, Boxed Wholesale
- Marc Jones, HAC Inc.
- Rob McDougall, Gelson’s Markets
- Steven Spinner, United Natural Foods Inc.
- Tim Steiner, Ocado Group plc
- Robert Baesler, Baesler’s Inc.
- Reynolds Cramer, Fareway Stores Inc.
- Rudy Dory, Newport Avenue Market
- Greg Gregerson, Gregerson’s Foods Inc.
- Thomas Heinen, Heinen’s Grocery Stores
- Robert Ingle, Ingles Markets Inc.
- Henry Johnson, W. Lee Flowers & Co. Inc.
- Omar Jorge Pena, Compare Foods Supermarkets
- Tres Lund, Lund Food Holdings Inc.
- Hendrik Meijer, Meijer Inc.
- Jack Shakoor, Jack’s Super Foodtown
- Dean Peterson, Harmon City Inc.
- Colleen Wegman, Wegmans Food Markets Inc.
- Johnathan Weis, Weis Markets Inc.
New chairman’s appointees
- Wesley Eubanks, The Pictsweet Co.
- Valerie Oswalt, CEO, Century Snacks
The purpose of the FMI Board is to promote and carry out the objectives of FMI; to represent the total and varied membership of FMI; to establish major policies for FMI; to demonstrate a model of an active, participative and sharing membership; to appoint the president; and to provide industry leadership.
A full member listing of FMI’s leadership can be found here.