Winn-Dixie has reopened two recently remodeled stores in Jacksonville, Florida, in response to customers who asked for an improved shopping experience. As part of the grand opening ceremonies, and to officially reintroduce the community to the new and improved stores, ribbon cuttings were held at 7:45 a.m. Feb. 27 at the Argyle and Oceanway locations. Community celebrations also will be held for customers at each store on Saturday, March 2, from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- New facade signage and a contemporary color palette and modern store signage inside;
- Newly updated farm-fresh produce department including an expanded selection of fruits and vegetables, including organic varieties;
- New Dollar Shop section with hundreds of items to provide customers with the items they look for the most at low prices (Oceanway store only);
- New deli with expanded grab-and-go meal options for added convenience, including fresh wraps and sub sandwich assortments;
- A wide selection of easy lunch and dinner options, including a hot bar with rotisserie chicken, wing bar with a variety of flavors to choose from and fresh, ready-made salads;
- New SE Grocers Naturally Better product selection, offering more than 150 new gluten-free, organic and natural products (Argyle store only);
- New Smokehouse ribs, pork and brisket—hand-rubbed, seasoned and smoked for 12 hours;
- Expanded bakery department with new selections, displays and fresh bread daily;
- Full-service meat department with a butcher on-site to make fresh cuts of meat by request;
- Updated seafood department including fresh, whole fish and the option to select a convenient “Seafood Made Easy” meal to cut down on cooking time at home;
- Expanded beer selections, including local craft beer, and new fine wines to pair with any meal;
- New floral department with a fresh look, updated displays and a wide variety of new products arriving daily; and
- Continued commitment to fresh quality and outstanding service.
Grand opening activities included check presentations to community partners, including the North Florida Chapter of the American Red Cross at the Argyle store and First Coast High School at the Oceanway store.
Additionally, to show appreciation for their continued support, the Argyle and Oceanway stores will host community celebrations at each store on Saturday, March 2 at 11 a.m., with live entertainment, DJs, giveaways, food sampling and more. Giveaways of $100 gift cards will be held every 30 minutes on Saturday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Customers must be present to win.
The Argyle Winn-Dixie, located at 8560 Argyle Forest Blvd., is open from 7 a.m.-11 p.m. and the Oceanway store, located at 12333 Sago Ave W., is open from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Both locations are open seven days a week.