Publix Super Markets will open a new store Wednesday, March 20, at 7 a.m. at Sango Square on Highway 76 in Clarksville, Tennessee. A ribbon cutting at 6:45 a.m. will precede the opening.
“Publix is known for providing excellent customer service in a bright and inviting environment filled with fresh and new products,” said Brenda Reid, media and community relations manager for Publix. “We are proud to open our third store in Clarksville.”
This new location will be a 45,900-s.f. store, with an estimated 135 associates. This store will feature curbside pick-up and grocery delivery for customers on the go who want to create their grocery list online and pick it up at the store’s curb or have it delivered to them.
The store also will have traditional grocery, dairy and frozen food departments along with the following offerings:
- A full-service meat department featuring custom cuts of meats, including Publix all-natural or organic GreenWise Market chicken, beef, pork, lamb and turkey. Ready to cook items also are available for customers seeking a home-cooked meal with minimal preparation time needed.
- The produce department carries both Publix GreenWise organic as well as conventionally grown fruits and vegetables. There is also a broad selection of exotic choices from around the world and locally grown season’s best. The floral department offers everything from long stem roses to seasonal bouquets.
- A full-service deli featuring Publix Chef’s Selections of prepared meats and sides perfect for creating a meal at home without having to cook it yourself. The deli is also highlighted by Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, as well as made-to-order sub sandwiches, fresh soups, wings and award-winning fried and oven roasted chicken.
- The Publix bakery is a scratch bakery that offers an array of cakes, cookies and pies as well as wedding cakes made by skilled decorators. Also featured are an assortment of breads and rolls made fresh throughout the day and a variety of desserts.
- Aprons Simple Meals is a cooking demonstration station offering customers two recipes each week. Meals clerks conduct live cooking presentations in the built-in kitchen area where recipes are demonstrated daily. All the ingredients for these recipes will be located in the Aprons Simple Meals case located next to the kitchen. Also available is cookware to help customers have fun and save time in the kitchen.
- A full-service seafood department offers fresh seafood delivered throughout the week. It includes wild and farm-raised varieties of fresh fish as well as an extensive variety of shellfish options. Publix’s whole fish and fillets are fresh, never frozen.
- A full-service pharmacy includes clinically trained pharmacists who can make recommendations regarding medications based on the customer’s personal needs. Publix can Sync Your Refills to the same day each month, check for additional co-pay assistance and offer free select medications for the length of the customer’s prescriptions. This store also features a drive-through pharmacy window.
Publix is privately owned and operated by its more than 200,000 employees, with 2018 sales of $36.1 billion. Currently, Publix has 1,213 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia.