SNAC International has announced its five finalists for its inaugural SNAC Tank Showcase pitch competition.
The competition is part of the annual SNAC International SNAXPO on Tuesday, April 2, in Orlando, Florida.
The SNAC Tank, a Shark Tank-style pitch competition, will be hosted by Shark Tank judge, investor and entrepreneur Barbara Corcoran. SNAC Tank allows innovation start-up snack brands to get exposure and marketing for their products.
Five finalists will pitch their products and business models to a panel of expert industry judges for the chance to take home a $20,000 grand prize and connection opportunities to industry mentors to help the winning business grow.
2019 SNAC Tank finalists:
• Chirps Chips, a producer of tortilla chips made using sustainable cricket protein, with flavors including barbecue, cheddar and sriracha;
• Legally Addictive Foods, a producer of sweet and savory “part cracker, all cookie” hybrid snacks, with flavors including Everything, O.G. and the recently launched Surprise Party.
• Nora Seaweed Snacks, whose founders are on a mission to bring the popular Asian snack food to the U.S. with varieties like spicy tempura, tempura and crispy.
• Shrewd Food, a producer of low carb, high protein cookies and crisps with flavors including baked cheddar, brick oven pizza, sriracha cheddar, and cookies and cream.
• Squeaky Pops, a producer of popped chickpea chips geared toward helping children snack healthier. Flavors include cheddar cheese, cinnamon and white cheddar.
“SNAC is pleased to provide a platform for some of the most innovative start-up brands in our category to showcase their products at the industry’s leading international trade show,” said Elizabeth Avery, president and CEO, SNAC International. “Entrepreneurs like these are what makes this category so exciting, and they continue to drive an expanding, evolving snack industry.”
Additionally, three semifinalists will participate by showcasing their products along with the five finalists in the SNAC Tank Showcase inside the SNAXPO exhibit hall on April 2. The semifinalists include: Smart Alex Foods; Mozaics; and The Snack Brigade.
Corcoran has invested in more than 15 food-related companies throughout her time as a “Shark,” including a few new snack brands.
Additional SNAXPO19 highlights include a keynote session with award-winning chef and New York Times Best Selling author Jeff Henderson, as well as industry-leading education with four comprehensive tracks, including: packaging and sustainability, regulatory affairs, market trends and insights, and Latin American snacks.