Last updated on March 25th, 2021 at 07:18 pm
Wakefern Food Corp. and Chicory, a technology company, have partnered for a shoppable recipe initiative. The partnership will make it easier for shoppers to send recipe ingredients directly into online shopping baskets on ShopRite’s e-commerce ordering site, shoprite.com.
The new integration streamlines grocery ordering for consumers and makes it easier for shoppers to instantly save recipe ingredients via millions of Chicory-powered digital recipes. Ingredients to recipes can be directly populated into an online shopping cart at ShopRite and picked up at the store or delivered, where available.
How it works:
- Visit any recipe within the Chicory network of 1,000 recipe sites
- Scroll to the bottom of the recipe ingredients list and click “Get Ingredients”
- Type in zip code and select ShopRite as your grocery retailer
- A selection of local ShopRite locations will appear; select the best option
- Sign into or register for a ShopRite.com account
- Upon login, all recipe ingredients will be pre-loaded into the online shopping cart
- Complete purchase, selecting either delivery or store pickup (when available) of recipe ingredients, or use cart as an in-store shopping list
“Chicory is proud to partner with Wakefern Food Corp. to bring recipe ingredients to the doors of consumers across the Northeast,” said Yuni Sameshima, Chicory CEO and co-founder. “They’ve been incredibly hands-on with our partnership, so it’s clear that they are committed to and believe in driving grocery e-commerce forward through innovative technologies. Wakefern has approached this partnership with the shopper experience as first priority, so we hold their dedication to the partnership and their consumer in high esteem.”
Wakefern and Chicory will provide shoppable recipes across Chicory’s network of more than 1,000 recipe sites and 3.6 million recipes. The integration builds Chicory’s retailer capabilities in the Northeast while boosting Wakefern’s e-commerce presence and building on its convenient ShopRite from Home online shopping platform. As part of the service, ShopRite associates personally select all food and items for online orders, and customers can pick up their groceries at the store or have them delivered to their doorstep.
Chicory is a technology company based in New York City that creates digital grocery experiences.
Wakefern Food Corp. is a retailer-owned cooperative in the U.S. Founded in 1946, it is comprised of 50 members who independently own and operate 354 supermarkets under the ShopRite, The Fresh Grocer, Price Rite and Dearborn Market banners in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Virginia and employ more than 70,000 people.