The breakfast is Wednesday, June 12.
The celebration of Women in Produce, held each year, recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry and selects one individual to share her personal experience of service. The featured speaker is selected from nominations submitted by United Fresh members across the industry.
“For more than 20 years, our Women in Produce honorees have always provided an inspiring look into successful pathways in our industry,” said United Fresh President and CEO Tom Stenzel. “Jan has such a rich career and personal story to share with our attendees that I know she will inspire yet another generation of produce leaders.”
Berk joined San Miguel Produce in 2002 and initially focused her efforts on sales, marketing and re-branding, growing the company’s new Cut ‘N Clean Greens line. She became a partner at San Miguel Produce in 2006 with founder Roy Nishimori and expanded her role to include oversight of the company operations as COO.
Berk has served on a variety of agriculture and community boards and organizations, including chair of United Fresh’s Fresh-Cut Board, a member of the United Fresh Executive Committee and Board of Directors, and Ventura County Farm Bureau board member. Berk currently serves on the Farm Credit West’s Local Advisory Committee and as vice chair for the California Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement (LGMA).
Berk joins a distinguished group of women including:
• Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions Inc.
• Tonya Antle, Organic Produce Network
• Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.
• Karen Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.
• Margaret D’Arrigo Martin, Margaret Inc.
• Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
• Lorelei DiSogra, United Fresh Produce Association
• Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Co.
• Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle Inc.
• Cindy Jewell, California Giant Berry Farms
• Lorri Koster, Koster Communications, Coastal Grower Magazine
• Julie Krivanek, Krivanek Consulting Inc.
• Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
• Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
• Teri Miller, The Fresh Market
• Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, Roberts Associates
• Steffanie Smith, Andrew Smith Co.
• Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
• Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International/Greenyard USA
• Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
• Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Co.