United Fresh Produce Association plans to honor five people for their contributions to the produce industry at the United Fresh 2019 Convention and Expo in June.
Winners of the 2019 Council Awards will be recognized on the main stage at the expo Tuesday, June 11, in Chicago. Awards will be presented in areas represented by United Fresh Expert Advisory Councils.
This year’s honorees include:
• Finance & Business Management: Jason Pounds, treasurer/secretary, Hardie’s Fresh foods
• Food Safety & Technology: Natalie Dyenson, VP-food safety and quality, Dole Food Group
• Government Relations: Charles Wingard, director of field operations, Walter P. Rawl & Sons Inc.
• Produce Marketing & Merchandising: Julie DeWolf, director of retail marketing, Sunkist Growers Inc.
• Supply Chain Logistics: Kenny Lund, VP-support operations, ALC Logistics
“Thousands of individuals work hard every day to ensure the success of their companies and the broader produce industry,” said Tom Stenzel, president and CEO of the United Fresh Produce Association. “This program will allow us to shine a spotlight on five individuals who have made a strong impact in critical areas for our industry.”
The award presentations are among a full schedule of events planned for the 2019 United Fresh trade show. It will be held at Chicago’s McCormick Place Convention Center June 10-12.
Founded in 1904, the United Fresh Produce Association brings together companies across every segment of the fresh produce supply chain, including growers, shippers, fresh-cut processors, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, foodservice operators, industry suppliers and allied associations.