Publix Super Markets opened a new store Wednesday, June 26, at 7 a.m. at Madison Yards on Memorial Drive in Atlanta.
“We are proud to open our newest Atlanta store,” said Brenda Reid, Publix media and community relations manager. “Publix is known for providing excellent customer service in an inviting environment filled with a variety of fresh products and services. We are excited to share our experience with the Atlanta community.”
The 54,000-s.f. store will anchor a mixed-use development with residential homes and retail businesses. The shopping center also will include covered parking, elevators for added convenience and four car charging stations in the lower parking area.
There will be approximately 180 Publix associates employed at the store. The store also will have traditional grocery, dairy and frozen food departments along with the following offerings:
- A full-service deli featuring Chef’s Selections of prepared meats and sides to create a healthy meal at home without having to cook it yourself. The deli is also highlighted by Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, made-to-order Pub-Subs, fresh soups, wings, fried and oven roasted chicken, olive, salad and pasta bars and café seating for 48 people.
- The produce department carries both Publix GreenWise organic as well as conventionally grown fruits and vegetables. There is also a broad selection of exotic fruits and vegetables from around the world and locally grown. The floral department offers everything from long stem roses to bouquets.
- The Publix bakery is a scratch bakery that offers an array of cakes, cookies and pies as well as wedding cakes made by skilled decorators. Also featured are an assortment of breads and rolls made fresh throughout the day. Customers also will enjoy mini desserts, jumbo muffins and jumbo cupcakes.
- Aprons Simple Meals is a cooking demonstration station offering customers two recipes each week. Meals clerks conduct live cooking presentations in the built-in kitchen area where recipes are demonstrated daily. All the ingredients for these recipes will be located in the Aprons Simple Meals case located directly next to the kitchen. Also available is high-quality cookware to help customers have fun and save time in the kitchen.
- The Aprons Event Planning department’s team of party coordinators will help you manage every detail from your desired catering menu to your table décor.
- A full-service meat department featuring custom cuts of meats including Publix private label all-natural and organic GreenWise beef, chicken, pork, lamb and turkey. Ready to cook items are also available for customers seeking a home-cooked meal with minimal prep-time needed.
- A full-service seafood department offers fresh fin fish that is never frozen and seafood that is delivered to the store throughout the week. It includes wild and farm-raised varieties of fresh fish, an extensive variety of shellfish options and fresh sushi.
- A full-service pharmacy offers traditional services including flu shots and free medications for the length of the customer’s prescriptions.
Publix is privately owned and operated by its more than 200,000 employees, with 2018 sales of $36.1 billion. Currently, Publix has 1,218 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia.