Giant Food Stores celebrated the grand opening of its new Quarryville store located at 100 TownsEdge Drive June 28 at 8 a.m. The company acquired the 65,000-s.f. location from Ferguson & Hassler.
The new store includes the fuel station and café, now operating on Sundays. Expanded hours of operation are 6 a.m.-10 p.m. seven days a week. The store employs also approximately 170 full- and part-time associates, including approximately 100 associates from Ferguson & Hassler.
“Today is the day we’ve been waiting for and our team of associates can’t wait to welcome the Quarryville community to its new Giant,” said Hasija Hodzic, store manager. “This store is the perfect blend of familiar favorites and new offerings and is as unique as the Quarryville community. From expanded hours and product assortment to convenient services like catering and grocery delivery or pick up, we’re here for our customers and ready to help make their lives a little bit easier.”
With the opening in Quarryville, the company now operates 180 stores. This includes 10 stores and more than 1,500 associates in Lancaster County.
The new Quarryville store features:
- Farm-fresh produce: More than 350 fresh produce items including a variety of organic selections, locally grown produce, in-store fresh cut vegetables and fruits and a full salad bar;
- Full-service deli: Assortment of Boar’s Head deli meats and cheeses along with an expanded selection of prepared foods and grab-and-go meals;
- Full-service bakery: Featuring signature cakes, artisan breads, made-fresh donuts and other desserts;
- Giant Direct, Powered by Peapod: Gives customers the opportunity to order groceries online for curbside pick-up or delivery at giantdirect.com;
- Entertaining by Giant: Appetizers, entrees and desserts are all available through Giant’s catering service and with online ordering at giantfoodstores.com; and
- On-site fuel station: Located within the store parking lot, for every $100 spent on groceries using a BonusCard, Giant customers receive ten cents off per gallon of gas when they fill up as part of Gas Extra Rewards.
Giant celebrated its opening by making $1,000 donations to each of the following local community groups: Quarryville Borough Police, Quarryville Fire Department, Quarryville Library, Solanco Neighborhood Ministries and Solanco School District.
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Giant Food Stores serves families across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia and is proud to employ more than 30,000 associates. Giant is a company of Ahold Delhaize USA.