Gelson’s Markets is the only grocery chain in Southern California licensed to carry the Certified Angus Beef brand of USDA Prime Beef.
In order to qualify, beef must pass not only the USDA’s very stringent “Prime” standards, but also all 10 Certified Angus Beef standards for marbling, maturity, appearance, tenderness and consistent sizing. Less than 1.5 percent of beef meets these ultra-high quality standards.
Gelson’s offers the following options, with an in-house butcher at every Gelson’s store from opening to closing every day:
- T-Bone & Porterhouse Steak
- Signature “Cowboy Steak” (thick-cut bone-in rib eye steak)
- Signature “Steak for Two” (thick-cut porterhouse steak)
- Rib Steaks (bone-in)
- Spencer Steak (boneless ribeye)
- Filet Mignon Steaks (tenderloin)
- Tenderloin Roast (boneless)
- Prime Rib Roast (bone-in)
- Rib Eye Roast (boneless)
- New York Strip Steak (boneless)
- Top Sirloin Steak (boneless)
- Flank Steak
- Skirt Steak
- Chuck Roast
- Beef Stew Meat
- Ground Beef and patties
“At Gelson’s, our goal is to provide our customers with the finest beef obtainable. Any retailer can sell you a terrific steak once—we are committed to the highest level of quality every time you shop,” said Sean Sáenz, senior director of meat and seafood operations.
Founded in 1951, Gelson’s currently operates 27 full-service specialty grocery stores in Southern California. It is known for hand-selected produce; the freshest cuts of meat and seafood; chef-prepared signature recipes; professionally designed floral arrangements; and a selection of grocery items.