“Fifty-two percent of households purchase plant-based foods and more than 60 percent are trying to incorporate more plant-based foods into their diet yet have concerns that they’ll sacrifice taste or texture,” said Tara Rozalowsky, VP and GM at Conagra Brands. “Gardein’s strength has always been that we offer a wide variety of delicious plant-based meat alternatives for chicken, beef, pork, fish and seafood. Gardein offers home cooks and chefs alike a great way to make any dish plant-based.”
Gardein’s latest innovations include:
- Chick’n Wings, Tenders and Nuggets: A blend of pea and wheat protein in flavors such as Gochujang Style Chick’n Wings, Chipotle Georgia Style Chick’n Wings, Nashville Hot Chick’n Tenders and Crispy Golden Chick’n Nuggets;
- Breakfast Bowls: Shakshuka Breakfast Bowl and Saus’age Benny Breakfast Bowl, which is a vegan version of an Eggs Benedict. Each bowl contains 12 grams of plant-based protein;
- Skillet Meals: Two new skillet meal flavors that are certified vegan: Porkless Thai Curry and Lambless Vindaloo;
- Breakfast Saus’age: Two plant-based breakfast sausage patties in maple-flavored and spicy;
- Italian Saus’age Patties: sliced sausage patties contain 10 grams of protein per serving; and
- Entrée Bowls for One: All-in-one bowl meals come in four new flavors: Orange Beefless Bowl, Teriyaki Chick’n Bowl, Chick’n Fajita Bowl and Italian Saus’age and Pasta Bowl. Each bowl has up to 13-16 grams of protein and all are under 350 calories.
Founded in 2003, Gardein has seen growth in the past few years as consumer demand for plant-based meat alternatives has increased. The brand’s Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) has increased 34 percent since 2012. Gardein offers a menu of vegan, plant-based, meatless options across categories. Gardein products are Non-GMO Project Verified and can be found in both retail stores (in the frozen aisle) and food service locations.
Conagra Brands Inc. is a branded food company.