Jacksonville, Florida-based Southeastern Grocers Inc. (SEG) will expand its WD’s Taproom concept to the Point Meadows community during a grand opening event Wednesday, Aug. 28, from 5-7 p.m. at the Jacksonville Winn-Dixie store located at 10915-122 Baymeadows Road.
According to SEG, parent company of Bi-Lo, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie, this latest store evolution will offer Point Meadows customers the opportunity to “sip and shop” as they stroll through store aisles, relax in the convenient pub-style seating areas with flat-screen TVs or grab a growler to go.
The first 50 customers to arrive by 5 p.m. will receive a complimentary 64-oz. growler to fill with the brew of their choice and a mystery gift card valued at $5 or $250.
Customers will have a chance to win a Yeti Cooler and a $100 gift card during a free raffle.
During the grand opening and throughout the Labor Day weekend, Winn-Dixie will donate $1 to charity partner Folds of Honor for each taproom beverage purchased at the Point Meadows and Neptune Beach WD’s Taproom locations, supporting its mission to provide educational scholarships to children and spouses impacted by a loved one’s sacrifice for the U.S. military. Money from this effort will help Folds of Honor and Winn-Dixie fund a scholarship for a student in need.
Attendees can also meet local craft brewers including Bold City Brewery, participate in beer trivia and pub-style games, enjoy live music by The Party Cartel, sample food, meet with Winn-Dixie leadership and participate in giveaways during the event.
The grand opening of WD’s Taproom will showcase new amenities and conveniences such as:
- Eight brews on tap, ranging from everyday favorites to local crafts, for $3.50 per pint. Local craft brewers include Veterans United Craft Brewery, Bold City Brewery, Engine 15 Brewing Co. and Cigar City Brewing.
- Growlers including 32-oz. new growler with fill for $11 or refill for $7, and 64-oz. new growler with fill for $19 or refill for $14.
- Five fine wine varieties (red and white), starting at $3 per 5-oz. glass.
- Coffee (including espresso, frappes and other iced coffee varieties) and fountain drinks starting at $1.20 each.
- Combo meals with pints and choice of pizza, subs, wings or ribs (full or half), starting at $4, along with larger combo meal options including a full rack of ribs and Stuff the Bucket wings ranging from $16 to $22.
Throughout the Labor Day Weekend, customers can continue to meet and greet with local craft brewer partners at the store, including Veteran’s United Brewery on Friday, Sept. 6 from 5-7 p.m. and Engine 15 Brewing Co. on Saturday, Sept. 7, from noon-3 p.m.
WD’s Taproom at the Point Meadows Winn-Dixie will be open 11 a.m.-8 p.m., seven days a week. All taproom customers must be 21 or older.