Whole Foods Market will open its new 34,500-s.f. Beverly, Massachusetts, store on Friday, Oct. 18. Opening day celebrations will include complimentary coffee, pastries and music before the store opens. The first 200 customers will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Beverly reusable canvas tote bag and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We’re excited to join the Beverly community with the opening of this new Whole Foods Market,” said Jason Lishin, store team leader. “We look forward to providing our neighbors with access to high quality prepared foods, grocery and body care products, including hundreds of items sourced from local producers.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban animal testing and more than a hundred commonly used ingredients.
Special features of the Beverly store, located at 150 Brimbal Avenue, include:
- Hundreds of products throughout the store from local suppliers, seven of which are recipients of Whole Foods Market’s Local Producer Loan Program, which provides low-interest loans to local producers to help grow their businesses;
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables and selections from over 12 regional growers;
- Bakery department offering an array of breads baked in-house, locally-made pastries and items for vegan and other special diets;
- Full-service butcher department with a variety of ready-to-cook options, such as made in-house sausages and fresh ground beef, and selections from local suppliers;
- Seafood department featuring fresh seafood from local suppliers, including sea scallops, littleneck clams, oysters and haddock fillets, as well as a large selection of packaged and frozen fish;
- Specialty foods section with artisanal chocolates, locally sourced cheeses and seasonal antipasti items made in-store;
- Bulk section with about 90 items and five make-your-own nut butter grinders;
- Prepared foods department featuring hot and cold food bars and stations for made in-house signature sandwiches, build your own bone broth bowls, Mediterranean grain bowls, charcuterie, pizza, sushi and oven-ready meals;
- Full-service coffee and tea bar; and
- Beauty and body care department featuring products from about 30 local suppliers.
To celebrate joining the community, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on Thursday, Oct. 24, will benefit New Entry Sustainable Farming Project, an organization that works to improve local and regional food systems by training the next generation of farmers to produce food that is sustainable, nutritious and accessible.
Whole Foods Market Beverly will employ approximately 150 full- and part-time employees. The store will be open 8 a.m.-10 p.m. daily. Whole Foods Market has 32 additional stores in Massachusetts.