Boulder, Colorado-based Celestial Seasonings has released TeaWell, a line of organic wellness teas. Each flavor of TeaWell is infused with blend of herbs and botanicals the company calls Daily Wellness Core.
According to the Gallop Study of Hot Tea, 92 percent of hot tea drinkers think of tea as promoting good health, and research shows 88 percent of tea drinkers are making some effort to consume foods and drinks rich in vitamins. “More tea drinkers are now looking for tea with added health benefits,” said Tim Collins, VP and GM at Celestial Seasonings. “What we heard from consumers is wellness teas don’t always taste the best—they can often be too medicinal or earthy-tasting. So we designed TeaWell to taste delicious and include ingredients that help promote overall well-being, a healthy immune system and digestive health—like a daily multivitamin of sorts.”
In creating TeaWell, Celestial Seasonings developed the Daily Wellness Core, an all-in-one recipe that incorporates four essential ingredients that the company says is regarded across the globe to work together to promote a healthy mind and body:
- Panax Ginseng for Mental Vitality: used for centuries in Asia to help revitalize the mind and ward off fatigue.
- Dandelion Root for Digestion: regarded in traditional European herbalism as a digestive stimulant.
- Elderberry for Immune Support: cultivated around the world since ancient times to support a strong immune system.
- Green Rooibos for Antioxidant Support: used in South Africa for its powerful polyphenol antioxidant properties.
The statements regarding the wellness properties of these teas have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
TeaWell is available in four new blends:
- Organic Green Tea with Grapefruit: a combination of grapefruit, green tea and hibiscus.
- Organic Mint Guayusa: guayusa and spearmint with vitamins B6 and B12
- Organic Moringa Lemon Ginger: lemon and ginger with moringa
- Organic Hibiscus with Lime: hibiscus and lime with vitamin C
Original flavors include:
- Organic Matcha Green: Matcha and Sencha green tea pair with moringa
- Organic Ginger Mint: mint and balancing ginger perfectly combine with moringa
- Organic Turmeric Spice: turmeric and spices including cinnamon, cardamom and black pepper with moringa
- Organic Honey Lemon: honey and lemon with moringa
“Until now, tea fans had to choose between their favorite flavorful tea and unsavory blends that only answer a specific health issue,” said Gina Osburn, director, research and development, tea for Celestial Seasonings. “With TeaWell, it’s possible to experience both the benefits of a proactive daily wellness tea and the delicious flavors Celestial Seasonings is known for.”
TeaWell is available for purchase at a suggested retail price of $4.99 at retailers nationwide.