Giant Food Stores celebrated the grand opening of its store in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, on Friday, Nov. 1. Giant entered into an agreement to acquire the 45,000-s.f. location at 1750 Quentin Road from Musser’s Markets in August. The store is open 6 a.m.-10 p.m. seven days a week and employs approximately 100 full- and part- time associates.
“Our entire store team, including many familiar faces, is excited to introduce the Lebanon community to our newest Giant location,” said Kim O’Hara, store manager. “It’s a great combination of new and old favorites, refreshed with Giant’s convenient offerings to help make our customers’ grocery shopping experience a little bit easier.”
Following a two-week remodel, the new Lebanon store features Giant’s signature fresh departments, coupled with expanded product variety and new offerings, such as:
- Farm fresh produce—More than 350 fresh produce items including a variety of organic selections, locally grown produce, in-store fresh cut vegetables and fruits, and a full salad bar;
- Fresh meat and seafood—Offering a greater product selection such as USDA Prime, Nature’s Promise meats, fresh fish and a variety of local offerings including Musser’s pork sausages;
- Full-service deli—Fresh assortment of Boar’s Head deli meats and cheeses along with an expanded selection of prepared foods, grab-and-go meals and Musser’s signature chicken salad;
- Full-service bakery—Featuring signature cakes, artisan breads, made-fresh donuts and other dessert favorites including Musser’s bakery cookies; and,
- Entertaining by Giant—Appetizers, entrees and desserts are all available through Giant’s catering service, and with online ordering at giantfoodstores.com.
Customers can also enroll in Giant Choice Rewards to increase their savings through personalized offers on products they already buy. Giant Choice Rewards brings customized savings and rewards right to customers’ fingertips with the Giant app. Members of Giant Choice Rewards can earn points on qualifying purchases at the rate of one point for every $1 spent. Through the new program, customers also will be able to earn points through personalized “bonus earn” offers.
Grand opening community support and festivities
As part of Giant’s ongoing philanthropic commitment, the Lebanon store celebrated its opening by making $1,000 donations to each of the following local community groups: the Cornwall Lebanon School District, Lebanon County Christian Ministries and the North Cornwall Township Police Department.
In celebration of the grand opening, Lebanon customers can enjoy special grand opening savings, in- store entertainment and giveaways throughout the weekend:
- Friday, Nov. 1: The first 200 customers in line will receive a Giant reusable shopping bag filled with product samples, 200 Giant Choice Rewards points and other grand opening savings. In addition, Kirby The Krimpet will hand out Tastykake Krimpet samples on grand opening day from 9 a.m.-noon.
- Saturday, Nov. 2: Face painting from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., an appearance by Hershey’s Coco the Bear from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and a giveaway of Giant gift cards from the Nature’s Promise Prize Patrol from noon-4 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 3: Free coloring book noon-3 p.m., an appearance by the Cheerios Honey Bee from 3-5 p.m. and a giveaway of Giant gift cards from the Nature’s Promise Prize Patrol from noon-4 p.m.
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Giant Food Stores serves customers across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.