H-E-B will expand its footprint within the Kingwood community in Houston, opening its newest location H-E-B Market at Northpark on Wednesday, Nov. 13. The 102,000-s.f. store is located at 19529 Northpark Drive.
Kingwood resident Blake Willenborg will serve as GM and draw from his 15 years with H-E-B, having started as a bagger after graduating from high school. Willenborg is a community-minded leader with ties to the neighborhood.
“I feel privileged to serve the Kingwood area in this role,” Willenborg said. “I am excited to open this new store and provide nearby customers access to their own H-E-B offering an amazing selection of products paired with outstanding service. As Kingwood, Porter, New Caney and Humble continue growing rapidly, this store will be a great addition to the area.”
H-E-B is always looking for innovative and convenient ways to enhance its stores with more choices, enabling customers to choose how they shop, pay for and receive products, such as through an in-store experience, picking up an online order curbside, home delivery or grabbing a meal on the go.
H-E-B Meal Simple provides fresh meals ready to cook or eat at home. Each chef‑inspired meal is ready to serve in minutes, from grab-and-go salads to casseroles and entrees.
H-E-B’s Curbside Pick-Up is designed to save customers time while offering all the products available in-store. Simply create your grocery list, submit your order and pay at heb.com. H-E-B’s personal shoppers will hand pick all grocery selections and deliver to your car curbside at your scheduled pick up time; they’ll even load your car. Home delivery also is available through H-E-B Delivery and through partnerships with Favor, Shipt and Instacart. You can also order and ship grocery, drugstore and general merchandise products to 48 states and military bases worldwide through heb.com.
Healthy food choices
H-E-B Market at Northpark will feature hundreds of H-E-B Organics options and its H-E-B Select Ingredients, a line consisting of H-E-B brand products that excludes unwanted ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors. Across the store—from local produce to the fresh meat market to the freezer section—shoppers will find more offerings for less, along with freshness, quality and variety.
Other special features for the community include:
- Largest assortment or Texas-made products—from jams and sauces to chips and spreads, along with Texas-grown tomatoes, greens and citrus;
- Fully-stocked Healthy Living department featuring bulk foods, including nuts, grains, dried fruits and snack mixes, as well as vitamins, natural beauty products among others;
- Made in-store palate quenchers, including fresh-squeezed juices and freshly made guacamole;
- Fresh Seafood Market equipped with a fresh assortment from around the world, delivered seven days a week, including Gulf shrimp, salmon burgers and a seafood steaming service;
- Fresh Meat Market offering natural and prime meat cut in-store by certified meat cutters, as well as 100 percent pure beef ground in-store daily;
- Full-service Scratch Bakery and Tortilleria that offers a wide selection of artisan breads baked fresh daily, fresh tortillas, large varieties of desserts, pastries and custom cakes;
- A Cheese Department with more than 350 specialty, local and imported cheeses;
- The Wine and Beer Selection features more than 2,100 bottles of wine and 350 beers on hand. Guests also can seek assistance from the dedicated wine manager on duty for a tasting and the perfect pairing;
- The new H-E-B Fuel Station and Car Wash offers competitive fuel prices on all grades of gasoline and will be regularly staffed 6 a.m.-11 p.m.;
- A friendly pharmacy staff with a drive-thru option; and
- Texas hospitality and knowledgeable service provided by more than 400 H-E-B Partners (employees) led by Blake Willenborg, general manager; Dora Gallegos, center store leader; Jason Kelley, perishable leader; and Cynthia Perez, community coordinator.
Spirit of giving
H-E-B is committed to its customers beyond the four walls of its stores, weaving a spirit of giving into its business philosophy. In this spirit, H-E-B is giving a $5,000 community gift in celebration of the grand opening to Mission Northeast. Mission Northeast began as a small pantry in Kingwood in 1995, and now provides much more.
In addition to clothing and household items, Mission Northeast helps its clientele above and beyond their basic needs. Mission Northeast brings a much-needed helping hand to so many in need including job training and adult education, providing holiday meals and school lunch deliveries and remediating unsafe living environments.
H-E-B, with sales of $26 billion, operates 400 stores in Texas and Mexico. Known for its innovation and community service, H-E-B celebrates its 114th anniversary this year. Based in San Antonio, H-E-B employs over 116,000 Partners in Texas and Mexico and serves millions of customers in more than 300 communities.