Lakeland, Florida-based Publix Super Markets will open a new store Wednesday, Dec. 4, at 7 a.m. at the Shops at Bristol Park in Northport, Alabama.
“We look forward to offering the Publix shopping experience to more customers in Northport,” said Brenda Reid, Publix media and community relations manager for the Atlanta division.
It will be Publix’s 77th store in Alabama.
This location will be a 48,100-s.f. store and will bring 120 new jobs to the area. The store will have a mezzanine with seating upstairs for customers who want to enjoy a meal or use the free Wi-Fi. The pharmacy will include a drive-through window for customers on the go.
The store will have traditional grocery, dairy and frozen food departments, along with the following offerings:
- A full-service deli will feature Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, made-to-order Pub-Subs, fresh soups, Publix Smokehouse Meats, fried and oven-roasted chicken and sushi.
- The produce department will carry organic and conventionally grown fresh fruits and vegetables. There will also a broad selection of exotic fruits and vegetables from around the world, as well as a selection that is locally grown. The floral department will feature a variety of bouquets.
- The Publix bakery is a scratch bakery that will offer an array of cakes, cookies and pies, as well as wedding cakes made by skilled decorators. The bakery will have an assortment of breads and rolls made fresh throughout the day. Customers can also find desserts that Publix says are perfect for holiday entertaining.
- Aprons Simple Meals is a cooking demonstration station offering customers two recipes each week. Meals clerks conduct live cooking presentations in the built-in kitchen area, where recipes are demonstrated daily. All the ingredients for these recipes will be conveniently located in the Aprons Simple Meals case next to the demonstration kitchen. Cookware will be available and the store’s Aprons Simple Meals will offer catering.
- The meat department will feature custom cuts of meats including Publix private label all-natural and organic GreenWise beef, chicken, pork, lamb and turkey. Ready-to-cook meals will be available for customers seeking a home-cooked meal with minimal prep-time needed.
- A full-service seafood department will offer fresh fin fish that is never frozen and seafood that is delivered to the store throughout the week. Shoppers will have access to wild and farm-raised varieties of fresh fish and an extensive variety of shellfish options.
- A full-service pharmacy will offer traditional services including flu shots and select free medications for the length of the customer’s prescriptions. Customers also will be able to save time by renewing their prescriptions online and syncing their prescriptions so that all are due for pick up during the same time.