H-E-B expanded its footprint in the Houston area on Dec. 4 with its 102,000-s.f. Harper’s Trace location at 10200 Highway 242 in Conroe.
Jamie Lee, an 18-year H-E-B Partner (employee) who started as a bagger while attending Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, is the store leader. After graduation, she served at several H-E-B stores, including Woodlands Market, Spring Market, TC Jester and Grant Market. The Harper’s Trace store employs 350 Partners.
“This area historically has had few grocery options and I’m thrilled to be at the forefront of bringing H-E-B to Conroe- and Woodlands-area residents,” said Lee. “I will lead the new store’s team with a focus on the best interests of the community and customers.”
The new H-E-B offers Meal Simple, which includes chef-inspired meals that are ready to cook or heat at home as well as casseroles, entrees and grab-and-go salads.
H-E-B Harper’s Trace also has an H-E-B True Texas BBQ. Shoppers can order barbecue by the plate or pound along with sides like brisket beans, creamed corn, potato salad and coleslaw. The beef served at the restaurant is all-natural 100 percent Angus that is smoked daily with Texas oak wood on location for at least 14 hours.
H-E-B Curbside also is available. H-E-B employs its own personal shoppers to pick customer orders. The store also offers home delivery through H-E-B’s partnerships with Favor, Shipt and Instacart.
It also features hundreds of H-E-B Organics options and H-E-B Select Ingredients, a line consisting of H-E-B brand products that excludes ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors.
Other special features include:
- A large assortment of Texas-made products, from jams and sauces to chips and spreads, as well as tomatoes, greens and citrus products that are grown in the state.
- Healthy Living department with bulk foods, including nuts, grains, dried fruits and snack mixes, as well as vitamins and natural beauty products.
- Fresh-squeezed juices and freshly made guacamole.
- Seafood Market with an assortment from around the world and delivered seven days a week, including Gulf shrimp, as well as salmon burgers and a seafood steaming service.
- Fresh Meat Market offering natural and prime meat cut in-store by certified meat cutters and 100 percent pure beef ground in-store daily.
- Full-service scratch bakery and tortilleria.
- Cheese department with more than 350 specialty, local and imported cheeses.
- A selection of more than 2,100 bottles of wine and 350 beers and a dedicated wine manager who can help with a tasting and pairing suggestions.
- H-E-B fuel station and car wash.
- Pharmacy with a drive-thru option.
H-E-B presented a $5,000 gift in celebration of the grand opening to Yes to Youth-Montgomery County Youth Service, which seeks to empower youth and their families. Its work includes BridgeWay Emergency Youth Shelter, street outreach for homeless teens, mental health and crisis counseling, suicide prevention for youth and families and a support program for pregnant and parenting teens.