Stop & Shop is unveiling a newly remodeled store in Darien, Connecticut, at 25 Old King’s Highway North. The retailer says updates are centered around delivering more fresh, healthy and convenient options that make grocery shopping easier for local customers. New features like a stir fry station, a wing bar and an in-store smoker provide solutions for meals and entertaining to take on the go. The store also has added hundreds more items including larger assortments for pet and baby, plus more natural and organic products.
“We’re excited to share our newly remodeled store with the Darien community,” said Rudy DiPietro, SVP of operations for Stop & Shop. “We’ve added more of what our local customers want—fresh produce, specialty cheeses, and seafood—plus lots of convenient meal solutions. We’ve also added Same-Day Online Pick-up, so you can place your order online, pull up to a designated parking spot at the store, and one of our associates will deliver it right to your car.”
Highlights of the newly remodeled Darien store include:
- Expanded produce sections with more organics and locally grown and produced selections like apples from Rogers Orchards.
- More prepared foods including a stir fry station, sushi bar, hot bar, and meats like brisket and pulled pork smoked right in-store, which make it convenient to pick up freshly made meals to go.
- Bigger beer assortment with craft brews from popular local producers like Two Roads.
- Hundreds more items like more natural and organic products, plus larger assortments for pet, baby, and in health and beauty care.
- Faster checkout with Stop & Shop’s Scan It! Mobile app, which allows customers to scan and bag groceries as they shop by using their smartphones. When ready to pay, customers head to the designated Scan It! Mobile lane to check out seamlessly with their phone—and without having to get out a wallet.
- Same-Day Online Pick-Up so orders placed online at Peapod.com can be picked up at the store as soon as four hours later.
The updates are part of a multi-year remodeling initiative for the Stop & Shop brand, which included remodels of 21 stores in Greater Hartford in late 2018.