H-E-B opened the highly anticipated H-E-B MacGregor Market on Wednesday, Dec. 18, at 6 a.m. The new 90,000-s.f. store is located at the intersection of N. MacGregor Way and SH 288 in Houston.
“This H-E-B store has been in the making for some time now, and we are thrilled to put our roots down on this historic corner of Houston,” said Winell Herron, H-E-B’s group VP for public affairs, diversity and environmental affairs. “Thanks to the diligent work of the city of Houston, the Houston Housing Finance Corporation (HHFC), community supporters and our H-E-B team, we are honored to be an even bigger and better part of this neighborhood.”
H-E-B sought to serve this community with eyes on the present location since 2014 and broke ground in February 2019. Anika Wiley, a 22-year H-E-B veteran, will lead the store team that includes Jason Holsinger, center store leader; Isaac Williams, perishable leader; and more than 435 H-E-B Partners (employees). Wiley began her H-E-B career as a deli clerk in Austin and held various management positions, up until most recent post as top store leader for H-E-B Beaumont 6. When not managing top-performing stores or spending time with her husband, Eric and son, Miles, Wiley serves as a mentor to local students.
“I’m humbled to serve our community with a state-of-the-art store,” says Wiley. “We look forward to providing an outstanding shopping experience with the best H-E-B has to offer.”
Preserving MacGregor Market Wetlands
Located just off the banks of Braes Bayou, H-E-B MacGregor Market is home to an active and protected wetland. Throughout construction the team has made it a priority to preserve and enhance the natural habitat that borders the property along MacGregor Way. Visitors will enjoy sightings of Cooper’s Hawks, Yellow-crowned Night Herons, Red Mulberry trees and the American Tree Frog, to name a few, all in the center of the country’s fourth largest city.
Engaging food conveniences
H-E-B MacGregor Market will offer the company’s largest selection of its popular H-E-B Meal Simple heat-and-eat options with a range of options from grab-and-go salads, to casseroles and entrees.
H-E-B’s Curbside Pick-Up is designed to save customers time while offering all the products available in store. Shoppers create a grocery list, submit the order and pay at heb.com. H-E-B’s personal shoppers will handpick all grocery selections and deliver to the shopper’s car curbside at the scheduled pick up time. H-E-B also offers home delivery through H-E-B Delivery and through partnerships with Favor, Shipt and Instacart. Shoppers can also and ship grocery, drugstore and general merchandise products to 48 states and military bases worldwide through heb.com. For those who prefer to order from their mobile devices, H-E-B recently launched an updated mobile app that allows customers to order groceries for Curbside and home delivery, or help shoppers locate items throughout the store.
The local resource for healthy food choices
MacGregor Market will have 1,500 H-E-B Organics options and its H-E-B Select Ingredients, a line consisting of H-E-B brand products that excludes ingredients like high-fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors.
New to the neighborhood
Expanding the store means expanding the offerings. Among the more than 50,000 options, highlights include:
- A large assortment of Texas-made products.
- Cooking Connection and the Showtime Kitchen featuring live demonstrations and daily samplings using quick and easy recipes that can be replicated at home.
- The Fresh Meat Market featuring natural and prime cuts of meat, in addition to a wide assortment of seasoned meats…ready for the grill. There are also meatless options.
- A full-service delicatessen offering fresh-sliced meats and cheeses plus party trays made-to-order.
- A fully stocked Healthy Living department with bulk foods including honey, nuts, grains, dried fruits, snack mixes, a wide variety of supplements and more.
- A large selection of gluten-free products.
- A full-service pharmacy offering prescription refills, compounding services, on-site immunizations and health screenings. The staff can flavor prescriptions for the kids and provide pet medications too. Shoppers can call ahead and pick up via the pharmacy drive-thru.
- A full-service seafood department with fresh fish and seafood, fresh sushi and poke bowls handmade in-store daily by Sushiya.
- A full-service scratch bakery and tortillería highlighting a wide selection of organic and artisan breads baked daily, fresh tortillas, large varieties of desserts, pastries and custom cakes.
- A full-service floral department with an on-site floral designer.
- An extensive variety of pet foods including fresh refrigerated selections.
- Produce offers palate quenchers, including fresh-squeezed juices and freshly made guacamole.
Based in San Antonio, Texas, H-E-B operates more than 400 stores in Texas and Mexico and employs more than 116,000 Partners.