Stater Bros. Markets has served the Big Bear community since 1980, and nearly 40 years later, its Big Bear location has been extensively renovated in response to requests from local residents and visitors seeking to take to the slopes.
Located at 42171 Big Bear Boulevard, the store will continue to be led by Rick Jaeger, a 39-year Stater Bros. “family” member and longtime Big Bear resident.
“I’m happy to say that even though the store looks and feels so different, one thing will never change—our amazing people. You’ll still find great service from friendly and familiar faces. Almost all of our employees are locals so they all really care for this community,” said Jaeger. “Every bit of the store means a lot to me. It’s impossible to pick a favorite piece. It’s a brand-new store all the way around.”
The company’s Big Bear location features:
- A full-service deli including Cleo & Leo hand-breaded fried chicken, specialty sandwiches and wraps, taco and burrito combo meals and a full line of prepared party trays.
- A newly added full-service hot bakery with a full selection of artisan breads and rolls, fresh pastries and in-house decorators to assist with all special occasion needs.
- An expanded full-service meat case with added technology to keep product at its freshest.
- A full-service fresh seafood department staffed with experts to help with selection.
- An enhanced garden-fresh produce department with expanded organic selections and fresh-cut fruit station.
- Handcrafted sushi made in-house daily.
- An expanded beer, wine and liquor department.
- Widened aisles to improve our customers’ shopping experience.
- Continued commitment to the environment through installation of solar panels and use of energy-efficient LED lighting.
“I attended school and raised my family in the Big Bear area. Every bit of this community and this store means a lot to me,” said Jaeger. “We’re a tight-knit community and I’m sure locals and visitors will be excited with the wall-to-floor renovations we’ve made to enhance their shopping experience.”
Additionally, Stater Bros. Charities will present a donation totaling $2,500 to the Big Bear Valley Education Trust.
The store will continue to operate from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
Stater Bros. Markets was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and has grown steadily through the years to become the largest privately owned supermarket chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County. The company currently operates 169 supermarkets, and there are approximately 17,000 members of the Stater Bros. Markets family.