Wisconsin will be holding the first-ever Art of Cheese Festival, happening Aug. 14-16 in Madison, Wisconsin. The festival features an array of cheese-focused activities specially curated for ultimate cheese lovers:
- Classes: Participants can take in a variety of classes led by experts. Classes cover topics like making cheese, cooking with cheese, pairing cheese and crafting the perfect cheeseboard.
- Exclusive tours: Attendees can get on the cheese bus to visit Wisconsin dairy farms, creameries and enjoy other special experiences.
- Outstanding in the field dinner: This outdoor dining experience includes a four-course meal prepared by local chefs. Each course will feature Wisconsin’s award-winning cheeses.
- Restaurants: Participants can look for restaurant features across the state all week long that highlight Wisconsin’s most popular cheeses.
- Cheese fair: This pop-up market in downtown Madison is a one-stop shop for sampling and purchasing Wisconsin Cheese. Attendees can taste the cheese, meet the makers and take home their favorites to share with family and friends.
- The Cheese Ball: The event will feature live music, food, drinks, performers and a chance for participants to taste their way through the State of Cheese.
Funded by Wisconsin dairy farmers, Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin is a nonprofit organization that focuses on marketing and promoting Wisconsin’s dairy products..
Wisconsin has 1,200 cheesemakers, many of whom are third- and fourth-generation.