Coral Gables, Florida-based Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. has appointed Hans Sauter as the company’s first chief sustainability officer. Under Sauter’s leadership, Fresh Del Monte Produce will continue its efforts to focus heavily on sustainability throughout the business.
“If there is anything I’ve learned during my time with Del Monte, it is that we have to keep our eyes to the future,” Sauter said. “We want to expand our sustainability initiatives and commit to our performance, people and our planet. That’s how we build a Better World Tomorrow.”
In its 2019 Corporate Sustainability Report, Fresh Del Monte Produce vowed to continue its initiatives, focusing its efforts on the following key areas:
- Sustainably Sourced Products: increasing its global volume sourced from certified sustainable farms;
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions: lessening its contribution of greenhouse gasses by investing in a new fleet of vessels and in various renewable energy projects, including the installation of solar panels at various facilities;
- Protecting Wildlife While Promoting Biodiversity: continue supporting reforestation efforts in the areas Del Monte farms;
- Promote Growth of Communities: providing more educational opportunities to students and adult learners; and
- Applying Responsible Farming Techniques: preserving the production potential of our lands, conserving water, and reducing waste throughout the supply chain.
In his new role, Sauter will maintain and advance projects and partnerships that commit to the health and well-being, ensuring for a Better World Tomorrow.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. is one of the world’s leading vertically integrated producers, marketers and distributors of fresh and fresh-cut fruit and vegetables, as well as a leading producer and distributor of prepared food in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Fresh Del Monte markets its products worldwide under the Del Monte brand, a symbol of product innovation, quality, freshness and reliability for over 125 years. The company also markets its products under the Mann’s brand and other related trademarks. Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. is not affiliated with certain other Del Monte companies around the world, including Del Monte Foods Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Del Monte Pacific Limited, Del Monte Canada or Del Monte Asia Pte. Ltd.