Whole Foods Market will open its new 43,000-s.f. store in Castle Rock, located at 6384 Promenade Parkway, at 9 a.m. on Thursday, April 2. As part of the opening day celebrations, guests can enjoy complimentary coffee, snacks and music before the store opens. The first 300 customers in line will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Castle Rock reusable tote bag.
“We are thrilled to bring Whole Foods Market to Castle Rock, and we’re working hard to create an environment that will feel warm and welcoming to the community,” said Mike Hughes, store team leader. “We look forward to offering high-quality food, grocery and body care products, including many local items unique to this area, as well as an in-store restaurant, Genji Izakaya & Ramen Taproom, that we’re sure the neighborhood will love.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, as well as over 100 colors, flavors and preservatives commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Special features of the store will include:
- Produce department offering fresh fruits and vegetables, including selections from 15 local growers, made-in-house salsas and guacamole and a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Full-service butcher offering local grass-fed and dry-aged beef, made in-house sausages, along with ribeyes, New York strip steaks, lamb and pork chops from local suppliers.
- Seafood counter featuring fresh and frozen seafood, with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or responsibly farmed, including seafood smoked in-house and a fresh ceviche bar.
- Specialty foods section featuring an olive and antipasti bar, offerings from many local suppliers including packaged coffee and hand-cut cheeses overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified cheese professional who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion.
- Selection of more than 300 beers, including options from about 30 local producers.
- In-house bakery serving scratch-made hearth breads, cakes, pastries and items for special diets, as well as selections from local bakeries.
- Prepared foods section with a wide selection of hot and cold food bars featuring cuisines from around the world, as well as salad, soups, pizza, rotisserie chickens, sushi and a wok station from Friend of Whole Foods Market partner, Genji.
- Bulk section offering varieties of nuts, seeds, granola, grains, dried fruit and candy.
- Beauty and body care section featuring cosmetics from brands committed to environmental stewardship and a selection of apparel and housewares, many from local suppliers.
- Full-service coffee and juice bar offering a variety of Colorado-roasted coffees, espresso, teas, grab-and-go juices, wellness shots and smoothies.
- Hundreds of products from local suppliers, some of which are new to Whole Foods Market or are recipients of Whole Foods Market’s Local Producer Loan Program, which provides low-interest loans to local producers to help grow their businesses.
The Castle Rock store also will feature an in-store restaurant and taproom venue, Genji Izakaya & Ramen Taproom, as part of the Friends of Whole Foods Market program, which provides the opportunity for innovative businesses that align with the company’s mission and quality standards to establish their own, independent retail spaces inside Whole Foods Market stores to bring shoppers unique experiences.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10 percent off hundreds of in-store sale items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive 5 percent back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. Additionally, free two-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns.
Whole Foods Market Castle Rock will employ approximately 135 full- and part-time team members.
Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. daily.