Whole Foods Market in Nashville opened its new location at 1202 Broadway at 9 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 28. The new 44,500-s.f. store in downtown Nashville features a variety of items from local producers, prepared foods and grab-and-go meals, natural and organic items and a full-service coffee bar.
The first 250 customers in line received a token valid for a custom Whole Foods Market Nashville reusable tote bag, as well as a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $20.
“We’re thrilled to open our doors in downtown Nashville,” said Heather Masullo, store team leader. “We look forward to providing our neighbors with a new destination to discover fresh, innovative products that all meet Whole Foods Market’s unparalleled quality standards. In addition, our new store features a full-service coffee bar offering coffee, espresso, cold brew, teas, beer, wine and pastries.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, as well as more than 100 colors, flavors and preservatives commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Special features of the store will include:
- Fresh produce department offering varieties of fresh fruits and vegetables, including offerings from local growers such as Bloomsbury Organic Farm, as well as a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Full-service butcher offering made-in-house sausages, ready-to-cook options and selections from area suppliers like Simpson’s Meats in Athens, Tennessee.
- Seafood department offering fresh and frozen seafood, with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or responsibly farmed.
- Specialty foods section featuring packaged coffee, dips and chocolates as well as offerings from local producers such as Bang Candy Co., Nashville Toffee Co. and Stay Golden.
- Expansive selection of beer and wine, many from local producers including Yazoo Brewing Co., The Black Abbey Brewing Co. and Honky Tonk Brewing Co.
- In-house bakery offering breads, buttermilk pies, pastries and Nashville hot biscuits, items for special diets as well as selections from Nashville-based supplier Dozen Bakery.
- Prepared foods section with a wide variety of hot and cold food bar offerings, including salad, soups, pizza, Genji sushi, as well as offerings inspired by Korean, Indian, Thai and Chinese cuisines.
- Bulk section offering more than 110 items including nuts, seeds, granola, grains, dried fruit and candy.
- Various local suppliers throughout the grocery aisles, including plant-based pepperoni slices from The Be-Hive, flash-chilled coffee from Matchless Coffee Soda, shortbread cookies in unique flavors like pistachio, lavender and brown sugar from The Shortbread Shop, as well as sauces and spices from Acme Feed & Seed.
- Beauty and body care section featuring a variety of skincare, haircare and home décor products from local suppliers including Thistle Farms, Nash & Jones and Paddywax, which is offering an exclusive Nashville-inspired candle.
- BroadBrews, a full-service coffee bar offering coffee, espresso, nitro cold brew and teas, as well as beer, canned wine, pastries and local offerings.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10 percent off hundreds of in-store sale items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive 5 percent back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. Additionally, free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns.
To celebrate joining the community, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on March 11 will benefit Trap Garden, a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to help build, sustain and empower low-income communities by assisting in the creation of community gardens and the promotion of healthy eating.
Whole Foods Market Nashville Downtown employs approximately 120 full- and part-time team members. The store is open from 7 a.m-10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has two additional stores in the Greater Nashville area.