The 2020 Wisconsin Grocers Association Grocery Industry Golf Outing was held Aug. 27 at Evergreen Golf Course in Elkhorn, Wisconsin.
While attendees noticed many returning elements from past years such as food samples, prize challenges and brand representatives on every tee, multiple changes were implemented to address the COVID-19 pandemic. Strategically-placed sanitization stations were located throughout the course and health practices such as social distancing and mask wearing were highly encouraged during the golf outing.
More than 150 golfers attended the event, which was staffed by numerous volunteers.
- Diageo Big Putt: Doug Koehler of Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin;
- Lipari Money in the Bank: Justin Campbell, Brodhead Piggly Wiggly; Michelle Harrington, Albrecht’s Sentry Foods; Davit Otten, Great Lakes Coca-Cola Bottling; Jake Aasve, Risk Management, A Vizance Company; and Jeff Tate, Tate’s Piggly Wiggly;
- Federated Insurance – Beat B&J: Dave Reuter, Kieler’s Grocery;
- Hit the Green & Win: Pat Fox, Fox Brothers Piggly Wiggly;
- Ball Bag Challenge: Kraig Krueger, Krueger Wholesale Florists;
- Longest Drive with Marshmallow: Justin Campbell, Brodhead Piggly Wiggly;
- Half Pallet of Onions & Potatoes: Nathan Perry, Cambridge Piggly Wiggly;
- Guess the Tees: Matt Stinebrink, Stinebrink’s Piggly Wiggly;
- Prairie Farm’s Joker Poker Hand: Don Hornung, Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin;
- Green Bay Experience – Grand Raffle Prize: Dave Vandehey, Lipari Foods; and
- Spring Creek Celery Sticks Great Grocery Golf Giveaway: Gary Kieler, Kieler’s Grocery; Rudy Young, Certco Inc.; Shane Adams, Zone Mechanical North; Trevor Price, Wisconsin Distributors; Nathan Perry, Day’s Piggly Wiggly; David Hervey, Old Dutch Foods; Robert Wilson, Zone Mechanical North; Kyle Kress, Skogen’s Festival Foods; Mike Arntz, Old Dutch Foods; and Kelly Price, Midwest Perishables Inc.
For more scenes from of the Wisconsin Grocers Association’s Grocery Industry Golf Outing, see our Photo Gallery.