Winn-Dixie opened two new stores in Lake Mary and West Melbourne, Florida, on Wednesday, Dec. 9, with simultaneous ribbon cutting ceremonies at 7:30 a.m. at each store. The Lake Mary store is located in the Griffin Farm Shopping Plaza at 211 Wheelhouse Lane, and the West Melbourne store is located in the Plaza South Shopping Center at 3170 W. New Haven Ave.
Each new Winn-Dixie store is designed to provide customers with a unique shopping experience. Customers shopping the new stores will immediately notice fresh concepts with extensive offerings, including:
- A wide range of specialty food selections for various dietary preferences throughout the store, including an expanded offering of organic, natural and gluten-free options;
- A farm-fresh produce department with a wide selection of signature categories, such as fresh and dried peppers and mushrooms, unique tomato varieties and a unique assortment of tropical fruits and berries, as well as more than 100 organic products;
- Enhanced deli department with an assortment of specialty cheeses featuring a cheese of the month, convenient grab-and-go meal options, including take-and-bake pizzas, fresh sushi made daily, sandwich station and new chef-prepared plant-based proteins made in store;
- Hand-carved meats are available in store, including pork loin, Certified Angus Beef roast beef, oven roasted turkey breast and roasted eye round;
- Fresh bakery selections with more than 15 varieties of artisan-baked breads with take-and-bake options available, along with pastries and desserts;
- The full-service meat department features Certified Angus Beef and prime beef with cuts that have been carefully inspected, as well as 12 traditional and trendy flavors of fresh-made sausages ranging from sweet Italian to habanero mango and natural organic chicken available in bulk;
- Fresh seafood department with a variety of locally caught selections including Florida Keys lobster, first-of-the-season stone crab and large fresh-water shrimp, as well as seasonal favorites such as mahi mahi, grouper and triggerfish;
- WD’s Taproom offers eight different kinds of beer, including regional favorites, along with 11 fine wines (red, white and sparkling) and specialty hot and iced coffee varieties to “sip and shop” through the store;
- The health and beauty department serves as a health and wellness destination with interactive touch screen for guidance on supplements and is stocked with easy grab-and-go healthy snacks and protein-packed bars to help fuel busy customers; and
- Brand new liquor store with a price-match guarantee on a wide selection of wine, beer and spirits at the West Melbourne store only.
In celebration of the grocer’s continued expansion in Florida, the new stores held check presentations to local community partners during the grand opening celebrations, including a combined $2,000 donation to Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida to support the organization’s efforts to combat food insecurity in the Lake Mary and West Melbourne communities. The Lake Mary store also will partner with the City of Lake Mary for its Annual Holiday Toy & Food Drive with a $1,000 donation for needed food and more than $1,000 in toys to help spread holiday cheer to the students of Lake Mary Elementary School and Crystal Lake Elementary School. In addition, the West Melbourne store will donate $1,000 to The Children’s Hunger Project to fuel its Backpack Program, which provides weekend meals to fight childhood hunger and malnutrition during the school year.
Winn-Dixie remains committed to its continued investment in the communities it serves while following local, state and federal guidelines. As a continued COVID-19 safety precaution, the grocer encourages customers to practice social distancing and wear necessary protective equipment while enjoying the new Lake Mary and West Melbourne stores.
For photos from the Lake Mary store grand opening, click here.
For photos from the West Melbourne store grand opening, click here.