KeHE’s Summer Show broke virtual boundaries, bringing more than 550 industry-leading specialty, natural and organic and fresh suppliers to its retail partners, preparing them for the summer selling season.
This year’s immersive digital show platform enabled participants to explore the show floor virtually to discover new and innovative products, as well as tried-and-true classics – through the Next Generation Innovation Showcase & Faceoff, trend education sessions and On Trend Award winners.
From more than 100 applications, five emerging brands not currently carried by KeHE were carefully selected on their salability, ingredients, taste and overall brand message by KeHE’s Trend Gurus to go head-to-head in the fourth annual Next Generation Innovation Faceoff.
Each brand competed for the chance to win a spot in KeHE’s emerging brand program, KeHE Elevate. This unique experience allowed participants to make their voices heard by voting for their favorite brand from the comfort of their homes.
The five brands chosen to face off in the virtual pitch slam were: Bee’s Wrap, Drops, Ripe & Ready, Green Mustache, Mostly Made and The Vurger CO.
This year’s winner was Bee’s Wrap.
Focused on industry education, KeHE’s retailers took part in this year’s “Ten Summertime Trends You Can’t Miss” education sessions. Curated by KeHE’s Category Management Team of experts, retailers received insights on the upcoming trends their consumers will expect to see on their shelves this summer. Participants learned consumers are not only focused on their own health and wellness but the health of their family and furry friends, too. Trends showcased included functional and plant-based food options, as well as the ways in which consumers are satisfying their sweet tooth without sacrificing overall health goals and values.
On Trend Awards
Seventeen brands were recognized in this year’s On Trend Awards. Winners were selected by KeHE’s Innovation Gurus who carefully evaluated more than 100 submissions. Judging was based on the product’s innovation, purpose, ingredients and salability. Here is who won:
- On Trend Best of Show – Steeped Coffee;
- On Trend Beverage – Teatulia;
- On Trend Breakfast & Bars – Quantum Energy Squares;
- On Trend Condiment – Kevin’s Natural Foods;
- On Trend Confections – Alter Eco;
- On Trend Baking and Sweetener – Endangered Species;
- On Trend Dairy – Good Culture;
- On Trend Diversity – Chickapea;
- On Trend Fresh – Plant Perks;
- On Trend Frozen Dessert – Sweet Nothings;
- On Trend Frozen Entrée/Appetizer – Caulipower;
- On Trend HBC and Personal Care – Green Goo;
- On Trend Mission-Based Brand – Ziba Foods;
- On Trend Pet – Tender and True;
- On Trend Refrigerated – The Bu Sparkling Probiotic Water;
- On Trend Snack Foods – Daily Crunch; and
- On Trend VMS – Plant People.
The 2021 KeHE Holiday Show will be held virtually June 10-18. For more information and how to apply, visit KeHE.com/events. The show is open to all current KeHE suppliers and customers only.