Stater Bros. Markets and FirstFruits Marketing recently donated 19,600 pounds of fresh apples to Feeding America Riverside | San Bernardino. The donation will ensure that local food banks are well-stocked with fresh produce.
This donation is a result of Stater Bros. Markets’ participation in the Take a Bite Out of Hunger program sponsored by FirstFruits Marketing of Washington.
“We are extremely grateful to partner with FirstFruits Marketing and Feeding America Riverside | San Bernardino,” said Nancy Negrette, chairman and president of Stater Bros. Charities. “Through these partnerships, we are able to give back to our communities and get healthy food into the hands of our neighbors in need.”
“We all know this has been a tough year and we feel fortunate to be able to continue our Take a Bite Out of Hunger program now more than ever,” stated Joe Vargas, director of marketing and analytics at FirstFruits Marketing. “We thank Stater Bros. for their continued partnership with the program.”
The Take a Bite Out of Hunger program uses retail displays and marketing materials to spread awareness of food insecurity throughout the country.
With the help of FARSB and its local food pantry partners, the fresh produce will be distributed throughout local communities.
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and has grown steadily through the years to become the largest privately-owned supermarket chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County. The company currently operates 170 supermarkets, and there are approximately 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family. Since 2008, Stater Bros. and Stater Bros. Charities have contributed more than $80 million in food and funds to local Southern California communities. For more information, visit staterbros.com.
FirstFruits Marketing is dedicated to growing the highest quality apples and cherries in the industry. It grows more than 10 varieties of apples, cherries and pears spread across 9,000 acres in Eastern Washington.