Furthering its commitment to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, H-E-B officially started construction June 3 on its new store in Frisco, Texas, which is set to open in the fall of 2022.
Inside and out, H-E-B designed the store to reflect the character unique to the Frisco community and emphasized environmental sustainability, incorporating several energy efficient inclusions such as CO2 refrigeration units and LED lighting. The site also features extensive native landscaping and outdoor community space.
Building on H-E-B’s longstanding presence in the area with its Central Market stores, the move into Frisco reinforces the retailer’s commitment to serve more customers in this growing part of Texas. Regularly recognized as a top employer in the nation, H-E-B will offer positions that range from department managers to cashiers. All job opportunities will be posted to the H-E-B Careers site in the coming months. It’s expected that the Frisco store will employ approximately 425 employees.
To kick-off the project, H-E-B released details about the store with a groundbreaking ceremony at its future location at the northeast corner of Legacy Drive and Main Street. H-E-B also recently announced plans for another H-E-B store in Plano. Details about that location were released at a separate groundbreaking ceremony scheduled for June 4. The Plano store will be located at the southwest corner of Preston Road and Spring Creek Parkway.
“We’re extremely excited to strengthen our commitment to the DFW Metroplex and provide the Frisco and Plano communities the best H-E-B has to offer,” said Juan-Carlos Rück, H-E-B EVP of North West food/drug. “Our H-E-B locations across North Texas continue to thrive, and this H-E-B store will allow us to answer the long-standing call for an H-E-B in this growing community.”
As a Texas company, H-E-B’s presence in the Metroplex runs deep. As a multi-format retailer, H-E-B has served the broader community for two decades with its Central Market stores, which were introduced to the DFW area in 2001 and grew to serve customers in Dallas, Plano, Southlak and Fort Worth. H-E-B stores also serve communities near the Metroplex including Burleson, Hudson Oaks, Granbury and Waxahachie. Additionally, H-E-B’s Favor Delivery now serves 29 cities across the metro area.
“As an iconic Texas brand, we are thrilled to welcome H-E-B to our great city,” said Frisco Mayor Jeff Cheney. “They say no store does more than H-E-B, and we can’t wait for them to bring their renowned quality products and services to support growing families in Frisco.”
The 111,000 square feet store will follow the company’s flagship format and will showcase all the products and services H-E-B customers expect.
The store will include a full-service H-E-B Pharmacy with a drive-thru; Texas Backyard department, featuring outdoor essentials; and a True Texas BBQ restaurant with a drive-thru. The restaurant was named best barbecue chain in Texas by Texas Monthly and a top barbecue chain in the nation by Thrillist.
The store also will include H-E-B Curbside and Home Delivery, which will allow customers to place orders online for pickup at the store or delivery to the home. These digital services will give customers choices on how they shop, pay for and receive their products.
Additional store highlights include:
- Bakery featuring handmade artisan breads, cakes and H-E-B’s in-store made, warm tortillas;
- Deli department with an expansive cheese selection;
- Sushiya offers handmade sushi selections made in-store daily and an Asian grill with rice bowls, teriyaki and more;
- H-E-B Meal Simple with fresh, convenient chef-inspired meals prepared in store;
- Cooking Connection with live demonstrations and samplings for easy recipes to make at home;
- Produce section with large organic and Texas-grown selections;
- Meat market with Prime, natural and organic meats, Wagyu, dry-age beef and fully cooked options;
- Blooms floral department, offering online ordering and delivery service;
- Large craft beer selection and sampling section;
- As the largest wine retailer in Texas, the store will have an extensive wine section with sampling station;
- Healthy Living department with bulk food items, sports nutrition products and supplements;
- Expansive frozen foods selection;
- Beauty department with a wide selection of cosmetics and other beauty essentials;
- Pet department featuring Heritage Ranch by H-E-B pet food and fun toys and treats; and
- Household Essentials department with items to set the table, including seasonal disposable plates, bowls and utensils, and Texas Tough brand including the Texas Tough value pack with all storage bags in one easy-to-use box.
Through its Spirit of Giving philosophy, H-E-B is dedicated to its customers beyond its stores. In this spirit, H-E-B invested $100,000 in community organizations serving Frisco and Plano to commemorate both groundbreaking ceremonies. In Frisco, H-E-B gifted $10,000 each to VFW Post 8273, Frisco FastPacs, Frisco Family Services, Frisco Arts Foundation and Boys & Girls Club Frisco. These donations build on H-E-B’s support of more than 100 non-profit organizations and public schools in the DFW Metroplex.
“At H-E-B, it is our mission to give back to the communities we serve, and we partner with organizations to help expand our reach and impact on families and communities across Texas,” said Mabrie Jackson, H-E-B director of public affairs. “For H-E-B, each new store announcement is an opportunity for us to help our communities and thank our customers for their enduring support.”
The largest privately held employer in Texas, H-E-B has more than 420 stores and 137,000 Partners in Texas and Mexico, and the retailer continues to be an economic driver as it expands in North Texas and other areas of the state.
For more photos from the groundbreaking event, click below.