Sunbury, Pennsylvania-based Weis Markets will offer free virtual cooking classes for preschool- and elementary-aged children and adults throughout the summer.
The 30-minute classes, led by the Weis Markets’ team of registered dietitians, will cover one recipe per session. Registration closes 48 hours prior to the beginning of each session, and a detailed ingredient list will be provided so that participants can cook or bake along at home. June and July program topics include:
- Elementary Kids Cooking Class;
- Elementary Kids Baking Class;
- Preschool Kids Cooking Class;
- Cook Dinner with a Dietitian;
- Cook Brunch with a Dietitian;
- Healthy Snacks Cooking Class;
- Bread Making Cooking Class; and
- Nutrition Workshops on various topics including: intuitive eating, gluten-free eating, dairy, macronutrients, sports nutrition and diabetes management.
“While many kids are home enjoying summer vacation, we’re thrilled to continue offering programs that get them more comfortable with cooking and nutritious eating. These hands-on experiences are designed to help children experience new ingredients, textures and flavors in a fun and engaging setting,” said Kimberly Asman, Weis Markets’ in-store dietitian. “Additionally, our virtual nutrition workshops for adults offer helpful guidance for preparing nutritious meals that help participants meet various dietary requirements and personal goals.”
To register for upcoming classes, visit Facebook.com/weismarkets/events.
For more information about Weis Markets’ Lifestyle Initiatives, visit WeisMarkets.com.
Founded in 1912, Weis Markets Inc. is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 197 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York West Virginia and Virginia.