Produce Marketing Association has sent out another call for nominations for its suite of awards recognizing excellence in the produce and floral industries. These include the Bob Carey Award for Excellence in Leadership, the Bryan E. Silbermann Award for Excellence in Collaboration and a variety of awards recognizing outstanding efforts across the supply chain.
In a LinkedIn Live video on July 20, PMA VP of Membership Engagement Joe Watson joins 2020’s winners of the PMA Retail Award for Excellence in Merchant Innovation. Those interested in the discussion between these retail experts can tune into PMA’s LinkedIn page to watch the live broadcast or the replay.
The Retail Award for Excellence in Merchant Innovation is designed to recognize a person in the retail sector that demonstrates passion and purpose in developing innovative strategies to drive produce consumption. This award is sponsored by Sage Fruit Co.
“I’m looking forward to seeing the creativity of this year’s nominees,” said Chuck Sinks, president of sales and marketing at Sage Fruit Co., about this year’s nominees. “You bring the growers’ story to life for the consumer. Through your passion and dedication, you build trust and confidence in our brands which in turn leads to an increase in sales at the retail level.”
The PMA Retail Award for Excellence in Merchant Innovation recognizes a leader in the retail sector that demonstrates passion and purpose in developing innovative strategies to drive produce consumption. It’s one of a suite of awards recognized by PMA and the Center for Growing Talent.
Nominations for all awards are due Aug. 20 and can be self-nominations or nominations from peers. The awards currently open to nominations are:
- PMA Bryan E. Silbermann Collaboration Award recognizes a PMA member who has addressed an industry issue or challenge through collaboration.
- PMA Robert L. Carey Leadership Award celebrates a leader who has helped to improve, advance and develop the produce industry through extraordinary efforts in volunteer service to PMA.
- PMA Science & Technology Circle of Excellence Award recognizes individuals or organizations solving business challenges through the application of scientific and technological advancements.
- PMA Floral Marketer of the Year Award celebrates the life-time efforts of a dedicated PMA member who has inspired, improved and advanced the mass-market floral industry.
- PMA Retail Award for Excellence in Merchant Innovation recognizes a retail leader developing innovative strategies to drive produce consumption.
- CGT Jay Pack Cultivating Our Future Award honors a volunteer who has had a tremendous impact on attracting talent to the industry.
- CGT Frieda Rapoport Caplan Women’s Catalyst Award awards a leader in the industry who cultivates women’s potential by mentoring and providing a path for leadership, development and participation.
Most nominations require contact information and a brief statement on the nominee. For a full description of award requirements and criteria, check out the nominations forms found on the PMA website. Award winners will be recognized at this year’s Fresh Summit in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Produce Marketing Association is the leading trade association representing companies from every segment of the global produce and floral supply chain. PMA helps members grow by providing connections that expand business opportunities and increase sales and consumption.