Gotham Greens, a New York-based pioneer of sustainable greenhouse-grown salad greens, herbs, dressings, dips and cooking sauces, is expanding its fresh foods line to include two new plant-based, dairy-free salad dressings: Vegan Ranch and Vegan Caesar.
Crafted with premium ingredients including its own greenhouse-grown basil, Gotham Greens’ new dressings are made with no added sugar and no gluten. Ranch and Caesar rank as the No. 1 and No. 3 most popular dressings and dips nationally.
- Gotham Greens Vegan Ranch combines expeller-pressed sunflower oil, black pepper, white vinegar and dried parsley; and
- Gotham Greens Vegan Caesar is made with silken tofu, organic miso, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, capers, black pepper and organic soy sauce – instead of dairy and anchovies.
Founded in 2009 on the core principles of sustainability, quality and taste, Gotham Greens has been one of the leaders in the movement toward a more sustainable food system. The brand is focused on using fewer natural resources and reducing food waste by eliminating long transportation time and extending the shelf life of its fresh salad greens.
The newest offerings coincide with the growing adoption of flexitarian and vegan diets, with plant-based foods occupying 53 percent of U.S. households and 6 percent of U.S. consumers relying on a completely vegan diet – a 500 percent increase since 2014.
“We know and love that consumers are increasingly gravitating toward more plant-based diets for the sake of their health and the environment,” said Viraj Puri, co-founder and CEO of Gotham Greens. “From day one, we set out to reimagine a greener food system — one that is committed to environmental impact and changing the way people think about growing and eating greens. We couldn’t be more excited to continue this mission with cleaner, greener versions of two of the most iconic and nostalgic American favorites: ranch and Caesar.”
The new dressings are available at all Sprouts Farmers Markets nationwide.
To celebrate the launch, Gotham Greens has partnered with New York City and Jersey City pizza shops Pizza Loves Emily, Paulie Gee’s and Razza for limited-time only specialty pizzas from Aug. 1-31. In line with Gotham Greens’ mission toward a more sustainable future, 20 percent of proceeds from each special pizza sold will be donated to Slice Out Hunger to fund hunger relief efforts throughout New York City.
- Pizza Loves Emily’s Gotham City Caesar: A white wood-fired pizza topped with roasted chicken, havarti, peppers, onions, pecorino and Gotham Greens Romaine lettuce, then finished with Gotham Greens Vegan Caesar dressing;
- Razza’s Pizza Insalata: Razza’s wood-fired pizza crust is topped with Gotham Greens salad greens and seasonal vegetables tossed in Gotham Greens Vegan Ranch dressing; and
- Paulie Gee’s Gotham Greenpointer: An homage to Gotham Greens’ first rooftop greenhouse located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, this white wood-fired pizza is topped with baby arugula and extra virgin olive oil and drizzled with Gotham Greens Vegan Ranch dressing.
Today, New York City and the Northeast region remains one of Gotham Greens‘ largest footprints with nearly 100,000 square feet of hydroponic greenhouses located across Brooklyn and Queens. Gotham Greens also operates greenhouses in Providence, Rhode Island; Baltimore, Maryland; Chicago, Denver and Northern California.