Last updated on September 10th, 2021 at 10:22 am
Southeastern Grocers Inc. (SEG) revealed its new stand-alone liquor store concept to the Miramar community in Jacksonville, Florida, to offer customers a unique new destination for fine wine, craft beer and quality liquor. The new WDs Wine, Beer & Liquor, located at 4472 Hendricks Ave., is the first in the grocer’s Southeast footprint.
The grand opening celebration was held at 9 a.m. on Sept. 1 and included a ribbon cutting ceremony, a celebratory champagne pop, entertainment, sampling and giveaways for customers. Giveaways included product offerings and fully packaged charcuterie boards with specialty cheeses and other accompaniments.
The new WDs also features a community mural on the outside of the store, designed by Jacksonville artist Jason Tetlak. The fun, bold design incorporates signature Miramar neighborhood landmarks.
“We are excited to introduce WDs Wine, Beer & Liquor as a unique new destination for fine wine, craft beer and quality liquor – right here in our hometown. This immersive shopping experience offers convenience and a robust range of premium products for entertaining and eating at home. The new WDs concept is our latest opportunity to deliver exceptional service to our North Florida neighbors as we continue our growth throughout the state of Florida,” said Anthony Hucker, president and CEO of Southeastern Grocers.
SEG is the parent company and home of Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores.
The new WDs Wine, Beer & Liquor store will offer customers convenience and a wide variety of products for entertaining and eating at home, including:
- More than 1,700 fine red, white and sparkling wines, including 700 imported varieties and a mix of luxury and rare offerings;
- Bottle chiller to chill any champagne or wine in minutes;
- Wine Tasting Station with free samples of 10 varieties to taste;
- Massive Beer Cave and more 500 beer varieties, including 73 Florida beers and 22 First Coast area beers (Intuition Ale Works, Veterans United Craft Brewery, Bold City, Ruby Beach Brewing Co. and Mocama Beer Co.);
- More than 1,400 spirit selections including bourbon, scotch, tequila, rum, vodka, cognac and popular, rare finds;
- Local distiller offerings including Citrus Distillers, Burlock and Barrel, City Gate Spirits, Two Titmice Vodka, Noble Coyote Mezcal, Grey Matter Distillery and Marlin & Barrel Distillery;
- Mixology section with a full range of mixers and a variety of utensils to craft the perfect cocktail;
- Fresh products and supplies to create the perfect charcuterie board, including fresh meat selections, 70 specialty cheeses and accompaniments, more than 45 dips and spreads, a variety of chips, cracker and toast offerings and sweet selections to fit any occasion;
- Humidor with 40 premium cigar selections from Nicaragua, Dominican Republic and Honduras, including top brands tailored to tastes and preferences of the local community;
- Knowledgeable associates and helpful signage to choose the right wine or perfect beer with recommendations on pairings and store favorites;
- Comfortable seating area for tastings and group events; and
- Convenient Shipt delivery from WDs.
As the country continues to battle COVID-19, SEG remains committed to caring for and supporting the communities it serves while following local, state and federal guidelines. With the rise in COVID-19 cases, the grocer encourages customers to practice social distancing and wear masks while shopping at WDs.
SEG appreciates the flexibility, kindness and respect for other shoppers and associates shown by customers over the last year, and asks for their continued cooperation as we work together to further safeguard local communities and slow the spread of coronavirus.
Click on the link below to see more photos from the grand opening.